Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Advice on best door speakers for v7 sti

chappell943

Oh sweet, il member that for next time :P lol nah hopfuly wont be buying any more sounds in the near future lol. Just damn pain they wouldnt fit in the GD doors. I got my m8 (installer services) to try eveything with some fusions I had from my old car (almst exact same measuremnts and couldnt get them in!!! I couldnt mount them out to save money ither as id lost the grilles since they were door installed in a GC lol.

Hope he finds some nice speakers that fit. The older Apline DD Drives would of ben my pic otherwise

As for the brightness of the tweeters I agree but solved that by using the -3 dB selection on the crossovers :). Then just tuned the EQ on the headunit abit and bingo happy

Scoobydoo said:

Hated the skinny fkin v7 door cards. Could fit a decent range of speakers in the doors, just the cards were so close to the doors.

Exactly the problem lol, I was thinking of trying to find some V9 cards but then dam window switches etc had me stressting so gave up and doubt I would have found ither :(

I tryed hunting back then but some one must have some of these somewhere lol? Old model but still one of the best. Try track you self some down and youl have about as good as your factory positioned front speakers will get and run well of a decent headunit. Used to have a pair in my old Type R honda :o

nengun-141499-00-alpine-speakers_17cm_dd

I didn't realize the difference was that great between Ver 1-6 and V7 door cards. I fitted some older Alpine DDDrive speakers in a mates one efffortlessly. But those were piddly 6" speakers and very shallow.

I'm sure with the correct spacers the aforementioned Pioneer ones should fit behind the cards...

spark_38 said:

I didn't realize the difference was that great between Ver 1-6 and V7 door cards. I fitted some older Alpine DDDrive speakers in a mates one efffortlessly. But those were piddly 6" speakers and very shallow.

I'm sure with the correct spacers the aforementioned Pioneer ones should fit behind the cards...

maby behind GC8 (id say almost garenteed) but definitly not behind GDB ones. We tryed I was ther lol. We tryed round MDF spaces then triangular ones then shaving them to angle up/down/left/right lol and no go!! We decided to just then space the speaker exactly enough to clear the window when it was down using 4 cubes of MDF for test purposes lol and you go to put the door card back on and nope touches the speaker surround rubber when the mounting clips are about inline with their holes but soon as u force it enough to go on you can feel it up aginst the speaker hard. (the fusions were actually 3mm odd from memory less deep then the pioneers are aswell)

• 2 months later...

I had type r alpines all sound deaden in my old v7 sti, components in the front with type r 6x9s in the rear running off big Infinity amp with kicker 12's in the boot and it sounded like arse compared to my old Holden ( same setup with heaps of dynamat etc ). I think Subaru's v7sti panels and car in general are to light are doesn't give the best sound stage. Getting back to good speakers I would go for pioneer tsd, infinity kappa range or alpine type r components. Remember you get what you pay for, also anything can fit it just takes a lot of time and effort as its pretty tight in v7 sti. Good luck

ROYALS STI said:

I had type r alpines all sound deaden in my old v7 sti, components in the front with type r 6x9s in the rear running off big Infinity amp with kicker 12's in the boot and it sounded like arse compared to my old Holden ( same setup with heaps of dynamat etc ). I think Subaru's v7sti panels and car in general are to light are doesn't give the best sound stage. Getting back to good speakers I would go for pioneer tsd, infinity kappa range or alpine type r components. Remember you get what you pay for, also anything can fit it just takes a lot of time and effort as its pretty tight in v7 sti. Good luck

yeah well its the getting it to fit part that im sort of enquiring about lol.

not into the amp/sub thing anymore. been there done that.

just want some decent sounding speakers running off a head unit.

I think you will get Pioneer tsa components in your doors as they have a smaller magnet, fusion do a shallow component as well and very cheap to, if running off a head unit that is fine but dont get them to powerful 60 rms max as you will be only feeding them 15rms from your head unit. When I pulled all my car audio from my Holden ( swapping to STI ) i put in some Fusion shallow components and 6x9s and it sounded very good, it was also on a new panasonic headunit ( crap ), also the car was sound deaden which helps. JVC also do a fairly decent compnent set, which I have used as well, got them off Trade me for $100 new, don't pay $250 at say Rapid Radio etc.

• 3 months later...

do adapter plates exist to mount 6inch speakers in the front doors and 5.5s in the rears on a V7?

short of drilling into the doors i dont know what to do.

really dont want to have to custom make any if i dont have to haha.

currently my speakrs are held in place by one screw and kinda wedged in place which probably isnt the best haha.

also does anybody know if this sub is any good?

http://www.jbhifi.co.nz/car-sound-gps-navigation/sub-woofers/pioneer/12-inch-1000-watt-subwoofer-in-box-sku-15845/

want to get a sub/amp inbuilt slimline unit to chuck in the back of the wagon, provide some bass yet still have room to put stuff in the back lol.

These would be a decent score for a good price

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-stereos/speakers/other/auction-456740176.htm

I might even get them myself, and sell them if anyone needs any ;)

Also, if you're after a sub and amp pack, JbHifi have this one from Kicker

http://www.jbhifi.co.nz/car-sound-gps-navigation/sub-woofers/kicker/12-inch-sub-amplifier-pack-sku-28044/

Also Fusion do a good basstube kit

Cloud said:

My fsion 6.5 components fitted direct into my v7 stock speaker spacers once I cut the fubared stock ones out, door card went on perfect. . Everythingwentbetterthanexpected.jpg

yeah i made the mistake of throwing them away lol...

Scoobydoo said:

These would be a decent score for a good price

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-stereos/speakers/other/auction-456740176.htm

I might even get them myself, and sell them if anyone needs any ;)

Also, if you're after a sub and amp pack, JbHifi have this one from Kicker

http://www.jbhifi.co.nz/car-sound-gps-navigation/sub-woofers/kicker/12-inch-sub-amplifier-pack-sku-28044/

Also Fusion do a good basstube kit

yeah that unit doesnt have a built in amp though its an external amp

ahh yes i know the fusion one you refer to. i shall look into this