Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

idle drop

G-unit

noticed today when i come to a stop it sometimes drops in the revs really low, almost stalling but doesn't stall, then other times its ok, that the idle control valve that needs a clean? and if so is there anything special that needs to be done/ replaced when doing it?

only thing ive done is put the stock airbox back on,

Mine used to drop below 500rpm most days, i recently cleaned the AFM and it tends to sit at about 1100rpm now at idle

Have been told theres a sticker on the underside of your bonnet that says what it should idle at (think it said 750) then again i dont really know as its in japanese....>.<

its ideling fine, just when i stop sometimes it goes really low then comes up, idles at about 750 just sitting there, its just when it 1st drops, it goes low, doesnt stall, i remember way back in the day on my mazda familia i just turned the idle screw up and it stoped doing it but it would stall, but that wasnt turbo

G-unit said:

that the o2 sensor in down pipe behind the turbo? i thort if the o2 was buggered it would go into limp mode and it does have a atmo bov thats the only mod

and how would having a atmo bov kill the o2 sensor?

Check the operation of the BOV, it may be too soft and causing a leak when you are coming to a stop..

Would only happen sometime as well.

chulozumo said:

Mine used to drop below 500rpm most days, i recently cleaned the AFM and it tends to sit at about 1100rpm now at idle

Have been told theres a sticker on the underside of your bonnet that says what it should idle at (think it said 750) then again i dont really know as its in japanese....>.<

Depends if your running aftermarket computer or not... My coupe idled at bang on 800 when warm...

the only hose i found no connected to anything was 1 from the charcoal canister, no wonder i could smell fumes, thats now hooked back up, have to clean ICV and then take it back to electrician if its not fixed

update: cleaned the ICV, it was thick with crap, brake clean cleaned it up mint, sprayed inside it and its sweet now, the ICV could hardly move before i cleaned it, was yuk, would pay to clean it once a year id say, so if u havnt done it do it, very easy job

idles at 850-900rpm and doesnt go under 500 now when reved to 4-5000 revs

soopersubaru']

[quote name='G-unit said:

that the o2 sensor in down pipe behind the turbo? i thort if the o2 was buggered it would go into limp mode and it does have a atmo bov thats the only mod

/quote]

Soots it up till it kills it! Retune required for mods!

supose as they run abit rich with atmo bov, i may put my stock 1 back on. do like my blitz 1 tho

all of the above.you cant single out a problem

itl be a range off things

dirty afm

buggerd 02 sensor

ivac staying open abit to long causing idel to drop intil it closes

bov leaking

split vacum hose

intake pipe split or discintergrating

check all of these

sti8u said:

all of the above.you cant single out a problem

itl be a range off things

dirty afm

buggerd 02 sensor

ivac staying open abit to long causing idel to drop intil it closes

bov leaking

split vacum hose

intake pipe split or discintergrating

check all of these

id start with the icv, i should have taken a pic of mine, was thick with crap

G-unit']

[quote name='G-unit said:

/quote]

Soots it up till it kills it! Retune required for mods!

supose as they run abit rich with atmo bov, i may put my stock 1 back on. do like my blitz 1 tho

No prob with an atmo blow off......Just make sure the tune is corrected to suit!

Or eventually pay the price of incorrect tune..Dead O2, or BE failure.To mention a couple of issues your hi spec motor will suffer from being out of tune.