Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Dyno Leaderboard Version III

I must of had some really bad luck with th TY754VBAAA boxs lol, stripped the teeth off 3rd year in 4 different V5 STI and BH GTB boxs. That wasnt baging gears ither..nice shifts and 250kw atw. Hope you have better luck ;D

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

marc said:

I must of had some really bad luck with th TY754VBAAA boxs lol, stripped the teeth off 3rd year in 4 different V5 STI and BH GTB boxs. That wasnt baging gears ither..nice shifts and 250kw atw. Hope you have better luck ;D

A mate is running 317kw at the wheels with a type r 5 speed and its holding up really well aye ;D might be my next mod :)

tez n u']

[quote name='sultan said:

Could only take one bad gear shift to kill it

/quote]

I dunno about that, he has done afew miss shifts already and amazingly his box is holding up :) ....has also done a few meremere passes as well

Yep The R boxes seem to be pretty tough from what ive seen too. A guy I know ran 10's with a stock V4 Type R box and thats the box that ended up in mine doing 11s and never broke even after his abuse ::). Stickey rubber and hard launches with 370wkw.

I do still wonder how long it will go for tho. He ran it for about 15 passes and not much street driving then I did probably another 15 passes of vairying powers lol and a year on the street! So even thats a good example I reckon ???. as opposed to four V5/6/RSK/GTB boxes in 3 months with only like 5 passes between them (low 12s) and the rest of the time road driving.

Both of us were running the redline shock proof pink stuff with a tiny bit of the redline friction modifyer when I ownd it.

marc']

[quote name='sultan said:

Could only take one bad gear shift to kill it

/quote]

I dunno about that, he has done afew miss shifts already and amazingly his box is holding up :) ....has also done a few meremere passes as well

Yep The R boxes seem to be pretty tough from what ive seen too. A guy I know ran 10's with a stock V4 Type R box and thats the box that ended up in mine doing 11s and never broke even after his abuse ::). Stickey rubber and hard launches with 370wkw.

I do still wonder how long it will go for tho. He ran it for about 15 passes and not much street driving then I did probably another 15 passes of vairying powers lol and a year on the street! So even thats a good example I reckon ???. as opposed to four V5/6/RSK/GTB boxes in 3 months with only like 5 passes between them (low 12s) and the rest of the time road driving.

Both of us were running the redline shock proof pink stuff with a tiny bit of the redline friction modifyer when I ownd it.

Were you running the redline stuff in the boxes you broke or just the typr r box?

• 2 weeks later...

interesting - thanks :)

based on the results i've seen i'm still of the opinion that the 82mm compressor wheel is too large to drive efficiently on an ej20 based 4 banger.

nothing personal on your build or numbers at all so its not personal, just calling what i see. Would be interesting to see what the seat-o-meter said it felt like.

(also interesting that td06 actually has quite a nice plot laid over against the 3082).

If you dont mind perhaps we could (and use your result as input) put some comparative plots up in a dedicated Garrett thread somewhere of the different configs people have?

I know of a few gt3071's, a couple of gt3082's, a 2876, gt3582 and coupla others i could crudely compile in one table ..

It is def laggier then the td06 but to be honest i dont mind :) it still carried 4 people without any issues and is even cheaper on gas now lol...............and it did a 11.7 ha ha at 198km/h im soo stocked with that......all this on a very bad track as it rained quite a bit on friday soo some mid 11s very very possible. And on the street its quite aggressive with boost kicks in and naa i wouldnt mind at all comparing different setups.

it's all relevant to how and where you drive. personally i find that a setup like yours is really only enjoyable when trying to see how quickly ya can get to the limiter in top gear on the motorway at 3am. i've had a near identical setup before and any time on the street i'd get pushed back in my seat, i'd already be breaking the speed limit.

with a responsive setup even in just mundane driving to the dairy you can enter a roundabout in 3rd gear, flick the throttle and still have plenty of torque to push you in to your seat on exit, and not even exeed the speed limit by the ticketable threshold.

like i say it's all relevant to what you want out of the car. i try and have fun with the car on the road without jeopardizing my license so response is best for that by far

sultan said:

it's all relevant to how and where you drive. personally i find that a setup like yours is really only enjoyable when trying to see how quickly ya can get to the limiter in top gear on the motorway at 3am. i've had a near identical setup before and any time on the street i'd get pushed back in my seat, i'd already be breaking the speed limit.

with a responsive setup even in just mundane driving to the dairy you can enter a roundabout in 3rd gear, flick the throttle and still have plenty of torque to push you in to your seat on exit, and not even exeed the speed limit by the ticketable threshold.

like i say it's all relevant to what you want out of the car. i try and have fun with the car on the road without jeopardizing my license so response is best for that by far

you don't need to exceed the speed limit to get a ticket, you might get an excessive acceleration, or even worst reckless driving ::)

there's no way any one could receive a wreckless driving conviction without a clear definition of actively endangering safety of yourself or other drivers. this would not stick and no cop would even waste his time trying when operating within the speed limit. even dangerous driving or careless use would most likely be thrown out without speed or crossing of centre line.

an excessive acceleration conviction is far more likely however i certainly wouldn't be scared to contest it in court and win. that particular law is written to capture idiots that most likely wouldn't contest it or would make a total hash of it if they tried. it's so vague and open to interpretation that there's no destinction between what would be considered normal and "excessive." laws like that are easy to build a case against.

Johnnynz']

[quote name='Spec C said:

was dyno'd today yes.

and no my old one makes 303kw at the moment it belongs to Troy /alteredspecc now

i brought this over 3months ago now.

/quote]

Ah didn't see the date, man you chop through the cars dude. Lucky :)

really didnt want to chop and change lol, just want to be happy with one and keep it. guess im just not ready to settle down haha, never know might see this one for sale soon.

• RAYDEO unpinned this topic