Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Few v7 issues

JWDRPN

I have 2 little issues the car is bugging me with i hav no idea where to start.

1. Car feels horrid driving when cold im obviously not boosting but it feels totally diffrent once it warmed up

2. When the car is on a lean at slow speeds say goin over bumps or reversing out the drivway the car feels as if the front wheel is grinding or the wheel is hitting somthing.

I took the car into my local tyre shop where he felt it to he pulled front tyres off there is no sign they have rubbed on anything he was saying it could be my power steering??

Any help or ideas would be great

• Admin

Is it an STI or just WRX? My v7 STI a. feels terribly sluggish when it's cold and b. had crazy wierd issues when the wheel bearing shat itself.

To work out what side it is, turn full lock and drive in a circle, it'll only do it when the bad side is on the outside, if I remember right.

The V7 STIs drive badly when cold because they have forged internals, they take a bit longer for all the tolerances to sort themselves out.

Took it into my mechanic today let him feel it. It would only do it hard when we reversed into a driveway.

He said it feels like the wheel is skipping..

He said deffinatly not wheel bearing deffinatly not power steering he only lookd for 5mins he tightned up all my suspension bolts and told me to bring it back if its still doing it...i think he was really stumped haha

I have only ever used castrol magnetec but then I also change the oil and 3000km or so lol

Never have any sluggish issues cos to date have never even remotely come close to wanting to run the car hard while not hot. In fact while cold i usually let it warm up on idle for a minute and a bit and for the first 10mins driving ultra nana it.

• 4 weeks later...
 JWDRPN said:

1. Car feels horrid driving when cold im obviously not boosting but it feels totally diffrent once it warmed up

2. When the car is on a lean at slow speeds say goin over bumps or reversing out the drivway the car feels as if the front wheel is grinding or the wheel is hitting somthing.

I took the car into my local tyre shop where he felt it to he pulled front tyres off there is no sign they have rubbed on anything he was saying it could be my power steering??

you got exactly same problem like my car :),

quillyer']

[quote name='JWDRPN said:

/quote]

you got exactly same problem like my car :),

to question 1- would u want 2 run 10k straight from bed or would u be better running once u have warmed up?

my ver5 is horrid when cold, have owned 4 turbo subarus and none like being pushed cold,

ok so a few weeks down and that noise from the front is still happning with no one really having any idea iv done some research

could this be the centre vicous coupling. i cant find much info around about it

i rung my mechanic he was telling me its not commen on manuals but it is on autos..wtf...

he said he has an additiive he puts into the autos he was doing some research to see if he can do it to manuals

any advice would be stella!!