Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Post Your Legacy Pics Here!

chickinsteelcaps

only got me sockets but no spring clamps have seen guys do it just by pushing down on them lol but thats dodgy as rather pay someone or have someone that knows what they are doing do it for me

still new to the Diy stuff paid people for too long lol

Drunkenmonkey said:

come to aucks ill show ya! and dont do it with oushing its ok with lowered springs but not factory legacy ones

where abouts ya live and how much you charge me lol could be up weekend following the 2nd for the day/night depending be in mangere bridge onehunga areas though

dubbedup']

[quote name='Drunkenmonkey said:

ops didnt read haha

b]mmy spring compressors brand new $35 lost count how many times we used them[/b]

there is one set btween 5 of us and it a bloody handy tool to have...saves renting them.....

agreed they are very handy to have if anyone ever needs them pm me :P

Guest boostcut
 BC5RA said:

Reuben.

Just out of interest; when you installed the clutch reservoir heat shield, did the clutch pedal issues go away?

it must be the fluid your using, i have a 3 inch dump pipe, no heat wrap or shield and the clutch never went funny for me,

stira said:

Local hire shop will have the spring clamps. Ive already sorted some for when I finally sort some springs. $11 for the half day I think.

How much did your springs set you back and are they new or second hand?

got them off leggyfreak (andrew) for cheap out of his wags that he's stripping

The 1994 2.0 litre turbo JDM legacy RS - work in progress.

Firstly I'd like to describe the state of it when it first arrived in my uncles driveway. Food mashed into the seats. crumbs EVERYWHERE, I mean everywhere - like you wouldn't believe. Mud on the doors, floor, seats and ceiling. Food and old lolly pop sticks and popsicle sticks in the door storage, parcel shelf and under the seats. Stains on nearly every piece of upholstery. Grease and brake dust all over the wheels and wheel arch and beyond! Covered in police fingerprint dust, normal dust, and unidentified particles. There was old clothes in the boot, a worn out crappy booster seat in the back. Looked like someone had got old macdonalds, k-fry, coca cola, a big lolly mix and a hand grenade and let it off in the car. When I took the dash off there was stuff there too, including earrings, lolly wrappers and ten cent coins, more about that later. Anyway, mechanically the car appeared fine. It passed its warrant of fitness with flying colours.

Seriously can't decide if I keep this car and manual convert it or sell it and buy a manual. Anyway here's a few I took while taking photos of the bay so I remembered where certain vac hoses went :P Will take more showy shots when the bumpers had a realignment, lights had a jif, wheels been degrease blasted, stone chips in paint remedied, passenger wingmirror replace or repainted and centre caps been repainted. But for now, it's getting it mechanically sound that's the priority.

Food for the eye

http://imgur.com/y2p6E.jpg"]y2p6El.jpg[/url]

http://imgur.com/4hbya.jpg"]4hbyal.jpg[/url]

http://imgur.com/nimC7.jpg"]nimC7l.jpg[/url]

http://imgur.com/EEXF1.jpg"]EEXF1l.jpg[/url]

Thought I may as well say whats been done -

Well mainly interior really. Carpet and seats been shampooed and vacuumed. Dash nearly entirely dismantled cleaned and and vacuumed under dash (there was McDonalds fries under the dash and a half eaten biscuit on the parcel shelf! Yes the car smelled funky when I got it) Dash coated in a silicon protection film. New headunit (nothing wrong with old one, just didn't like it) Key barrel replaced. 15000k service - UEC, oil filter, airbox etc... (hasn't done 15000ks since I got it, I just did it as a precaution), BoVs removed and cleaned, vac lines checked for leaks, exterior a quick wash and wax. Wiper blades replaced, so were a few blown bulbs. Engine been degreased. Wheels been degreased once (needs more...) and I think that's it so far...

To do -

FIRSTLY fix/replace those damn turbos, got two lined up - slightly bigger, should put me up with the EJ20R boys. And only costing me $200 for them both! :o Realign rear bumper, replace a broken piece of dash (the part that covers the bottom part of the steering wheel) Maybe even replace the steering wheel, don't like my current one. Replace passenger mirror, or paint it. Paint centre caps, re-degrease the wheels. Fix aircon console bulbs (they're blown), find some stronger carpet shampoo for the tougher stains, new passenger foot well floor mat, fix cup holder spring (won't eject, needs to be pried out) and last on the list is to maybe do something about the stone chips in the paint on the bonnet, think that might be expensive though... Don't fancy paying for the bonnet to be resprayed.

Hope you enjoyed and thanks for looking

:)

ReubenH said:

The 4-plugs simply have wire telling the ECU if it's auto or manual. Handy.

yea, mine had a wire like that, i couldnt find it, but didnt have to, never caused an issue. . . not that it ran long enough to lol

-smurff

Drunkenmonkey said:

IMO sell it buy manual

I probably will, but a manual version for the right price (and k's) and that hasn't been thrashed is hard to come by :P

looking at TM prices (TradeMe, lol), adding a manual box could easily increase this cars worth by $500. And I'd have a lot more fun driving it :P

Don't be so sure. The biggest mistake people do is leave out "MANUAL" in the search feild. I looked on TM at ONLY manual subies for a few weeks before buying mine, there is QUITE a large selection, and it's easy to find a mint car, or a cheap car. Just last month i test drove a very very sound manual GTB the other day for a mate. No ticks, no tocks, no leaks, it was in very good nick... Went for $3000...

Don't even bother looking at autos if you want to get a manual. They will do nothing but distract you.