• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jedi warrior

it has been done... :)

iv seen 2 that have been made :)

but yes the 20b was found in the cosmo :) and the le mans car afaik

nzkaosnz said:

The 20B rotary is a factory made tri-rotor iirc....

havnt heard of people creating their own... but i have heard of them making a 26B Quad rotor...

+1

26b is the bolt together 13b twin rotor motor is it not?

Guest jedi warrior

well each "rotor" is 650cc..

if u could find a shaft long enough to run 4 rotors then yes it is possible.. :)

there are some crazy engineers out there tho :)

jedi warrior said:

20b was in the Cosmo as stated. The Le Mans car used a Quad Rotor i.e. 26b.

The custom made 20b that is made from 13b housings is refered to as a short 20b or something like that as the bits in between are shorter.

A workshop where my old flatmate worked was looking into making two piece cranks for building the short 20b's as they could run better bearings with a two piece (or something like that).

The quad rotors can be built with a custom crank too. There's a few of them around the country now.

I think the Germans made a tank once that had 8 rotor engines powering it. Imagine the sound of that thing chasing you across a field back in WW2!!

Guest boostcut
 Koom']

[quote name='jedi warrior said:

/quote]

20b was in the Cosmo as stated. The Le Mans car used a Quad Rotor i.e. 26b.

The custom made 20b that is made from 13b housings is refered to as a short 20b or something like that as the bits in between are shorter.

A workshop where my old flatmate worked was looking into making two piece cranks for building the short 20b's as they could run better bearings with a two piece (or something like that).

The quad rotors can be built with a custom crank too. There's a few of them around the country now.

I think the Germans made a tank once that had 8 rotor engines powering it. Imagine the sound of that thing chasing you across a field back in WW2!!

the short crank 20b is actually known as a 13g. there is plenty of them around.. my old boss- brian gray at avenue autoport in tauranga designed the crank for it and had presision engineering build it and it had a centre bearing to stop crank whip...

presision engineering then designed their own crank for the quad rotor and then proceeded to absolutely root everyone as they did the final machining on an order that was going to mexico.. cost them over $100,000 in rework, brian built and currently uses a 4 rotor na pp in a s7 rx7 in gt1 class and makes about 650hp at the crank, quick car but the limiting factor is the tyre size you are able to run at the back

13B Shortblock from Mazda - $4500(2 years ago)

Link G3 ECU - $cant remember

Series 5 Rotors - $700

Tuning - $2000

K&N Filter - $80

Alloy tube intake- $50

Exhaust - $600

Making 210KW at wheels without porting or a turbo for $8000ish MINT

2 seasons of racing, on the limiter, giving it absolute death, still hasn't missed a beat.

Guest jedi warrior

what sort of apex seals do u use? 3mm? i hear the 2mm standard ones are what can cause them to go bang...

id love to have r ide in a rotor with 200+ atw.. FUN :D

oh NO turbo!! FTW :) yeah yeah thats awesome!!

Guest boostcut
 jedi warrior said:

what sort of apex seals do u use? 3mm? i hear the 2mm standard ones are what can cause them to go bang...

id love to have r ide in a rotor with 200+ atw.. FUN :D

oh NO turbo!! FTW :) yeah yeah thats awesome!!

its not the 2mm seals that make em go bang its just that when they do go bang with the 3 piece standard seals in they absolutely fuk the housings... whick is why people who do NA bridge/ periphial borting use 3mm carbons as they like to throw seals at high rpm or push them out the intake port... i know people running 2mm seals in 10 second drag cars and theyre still holding together, but when they go i bet they will cry

boostcut said:

presision engineering then designed their own crank for the quad rotor and then proceeded to absolutely root everyone as they did the final machining on an order that was going to mexico.. cost them over $100,000 in rework, brian built and currently uses a 4 rotor na pp in a s7 rx7 in gt1 class and makes about 650hp at the crank, quick car but the limiting factor is the tyre size you are able to run at the back

Just fyi, the workshop that I knew of were looking into it for a local rotary workshop here in chch but it never went ahead as I think it was just cheaper to buy the crank pre-made from elsewhere.

I had a bit of a look at that RX7 when I was up in Hamilton. Awesome piece of machinery and it sounded fantastic. Didn't get to see any of the GT1 races though >:(

Guest boostcut

yeah he didnt do that well.... bernie gillon and cameron jones wer atleast 10 seconds infront.... jones get brian to build his 20b turbo motors too...

Guest boostcut
 Sudo said:

The key is keeping the seals lubricated.. For every 20litres of gas, add a bit of 2 stroke oil. It does lower the octane but helps keep the apex seals moist

70:1 for carbons, 65 for steel...

always liked the rx7 series 2 ?? Savana? i.e; convic if anyone has seen it (black savana rx7)

also battys fuckin rule and look sexy as when you take the spoilers off

but all those rx3s and shitty rota wagons are ghey tbh