Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Certs

GregNZ101

Just got mine done. $450. is nothing but a tax in my opinion, the guy didn't even inspect what I had done really...

although maybe he could tell my car was well setup :)

On the other hand, without the lvvtnz the govt would have outright banned any modifications by now, so

can't really be angry about the $450.

zarnah said:

I also need a cert for adjustables in my legacy, maybe people could post up where they are from and who does certs in their area? im sure that would be really helpfull for us looking into getting it done.

I havnt had a cert done but from mates i know theres one in hams unsure of the price but he was really tough and wasted a shit load of my mates time and money by not telling him all the faults at once, he had to go back and forth 3 times which is 150kms each way.

also there one in tokaroa which is quite good ive heard decent price too

and one in rotoarua which is cheap ($350) but unsure how tough he is.

there use to be a list of cert prices be4 the site crashed

Re manual conversion, you need one for a auto-5 speed, but not auto-6 speed as you have to change the drive shaft for the 5 speed but not the 6 speed. But as long as you have used a manual drive shaft and not cut and welded your auto one it would be hard for any cop/wof man to prove that it was not an original drive shaft, just tell them they were the same length.

Guest subiebboy
 Raynes']

[quote name='keltik said:

Speaking of certs, do i need one for my manual conversion?

/quote]

Pretty sure you do, unless mr wof man doesnt notice

That would be a NO (visit the WOF manual available online and also the LVVT cert threshold for more info)

Simply changing a gearbox from one type to another is not a certable mod/change. Although do let your insurance company know

Guest iceboychch

shouldnt matter for gearboxes... i know increasing the engine size/ converting to turbo requires it..

best bet is to ring a local certifier.. actually its best to go and see the certifier before you begin modifications. that way youll know what his rules are and what the law allows and he be able to give you better idea on what to do. this mite end up saving you thousands of dollars as well. :)

subieboy']

[quote name='keltik said:

Speaking of certs, do i need one for my manual conversion?

/quote]

Pretty sure you do, unless mr wof man doesnt notice

That would be a NO (visit the WOF manual available online and also the LVVT cert threshold for more info)

Simply changing a gearbox from one type to another is not a certable mod/change. Although do let your insurance company know

As long as your model of car came in both Manual or Auto its fine you do not need cert.

But if your car only came out in auto from factory ( no manual availble at all ) then its needs a cert. Since you would most likely have to cut hole in firewall etc since there wouldnt be hole for clutch cable or etc.

Thats what LTSA told me when i Enquired.

• 3 weeks later...
 4WDFTW said:

shouldnt matter for gearboxes... i know increasing the engine size/ converting to turbo requires it..

best bet is to ring a local certifier.. actually its best to go and see the certifier before you begin modifications. that way youll know what his rules are and what the law allows and he be able to give you better idea on what to do. this mite end up saving you thousands of dollars as well. :)

Converting turbo doesnt require one unless it upgrades the power in the car by a certain percentage.... i think? i may be wrong?

CMPLSV']

[quote name='4WDFTW said:

/quote]

Converting turbo doesnt require one unless it upgrades the power in the car by a certain percentage.... i think? i may be wrong?

IM pretty sure you need a cert to turbo a car no mater what?

How can you prove that you car is under the 15% power bracket (i think its 15%)?

then again when you forge & bigger turbo and do get more than 15% power then there no way the cops can prove against it

pl0x']

[quote name='4WDFTW said:

/quote]

IM pretty sure you need a cert to turbo a car no mater what?

How can you prove that you car is under the 15% power bracket (i think its 15%)?

then again when you forge & bigger turbo and do get more than 15% power then there no way the cops can prove against it

I Sort of enquired about this with LTSA.

They did say about you can have up to 15 or so % ( maybe it was 25% at the time?) increase before needing cert.

Before I goy my 2nd XT6 I had plan to fit a XT6 motor into a Turbo EA82 Vortex ( 134BHP ) and fit the ER27 ( 150BHP ) 6 cylinder in.

With in the LTSA rules I was Just and only Just to be able to do it.

I Didnt Go down that track since I managed to pic up another one.

Well i just got mine done today, by Andy Ward, out in the Hutt. It passed and i will get the plate in about 1 week, cost: $450, of the 4 poeple that do it in wellington, two were over 500 and i could not get hold of the other one. Very quick and painless.

GregNZ101 said:

Well i just got mine done today, by Andy Ward, out in the Hutt. It passed and i will get the plate in about 1 week, cost: $450, of the 4 poeple that do it in wellington, two were over 500 and i could not get hold of the other one. Very quick and painless.

What was the goer with height? did he check to make sure everything over 100mm or what?