Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Intake Mods

BINKZ

BINKZ said:

I made 240kw with stock intake box and system with hole cut in the silencer box for more cold air and drop in panel filter.. Don't waste your money on silicon parts... Just get your ecu reflashed, you'll benefit the most from this.

grego0o']

[quote name='BINKZ said:

I made 240kw with stock intake box and system with hole cut in the silencer box for more cold air and drop in panel filter.. Don't waste your money on silicon parts... Just get your ecu reflashed, you'll benefit the most from this.

ecu reflash is expensive as shit isnt it?

BINKZ']

[quote name='BINKZ said:

ecu reflash is expensive as s*** isnt it?

$800-1200 vs the $400-600 you're looking at spending on intake bits...I know which I'd prefer!

MercuryFree']

[quote name='BINKZ said:

$800-1200 vs the $400-600 you're looking at spending on intake bits...I know which I'd prefer!

theres no point in doing the reflash until ive upgraded the parts i want to tho is there? seems redundant?

BINKZ']

[quote name='BINKZ said:

theres no point in doing the reflash until ive upgraded the parts i want to tho is there? seems redundant?

My point was that in the context of how much you're going to be spending on (relatively) minor mods, it's not really correct to say that an ecu reflash is expensive. Not saying that your upgrades are pointless

What all mods hVe u planned?

Usually an exhaust and fuel pump and retune nets good results in the v7 Sti

Have done a fair few with above mods and still running stock intake and gains are approximate 30-40 odd kw

And reflashes are way cheaper than that lol

pappu said:

Have done a fair few with above mods and still running stock intake and gains are approximate 30-40 odd kw

++100000000

That intake might gain 2kw? Or make it *pull real hard bro* but reflash is best safe power increase for your money rather than sucker mods that every joe slaps on their car..

It'll be worth every penny, get a before and after dyno graph and then post it up... You won't be disappointed!

grego0o']

[quote name='BINKZ said:

240kw with a EJ257

X']

[quote name='BINKZ said:

240kw with a EJ257

The power result/engine wasn't important, it was more that these parts don't need to be upgraded to make more power..

• Admin

Replacing my entire intake (Pod in guard, alloy pipe to silicon under-intake) made mine spool significantly quicker. The factory inlet pipe is fairly restrictive, IMO. That said, I had done pretty much every other mod around spool (Headers, exhaust, intercooler, VF34) so it's possible that by changing the intake I only 'enabled' some capacity I had gained through these other mods. Your mileage may vary without supporting mods.

grego0o']

[quote name='pappu said:

/quote]

++100000000

That intake might gain 2kw? Or make it *pull real hard bro* but reflash is best safe power increase for your money rather than sucker mods that every joe slaps on their car..

It'll be worth every penny, get a before and after dyno graph and then post it up... You won't be disappointed!

iagree.my next door neigbour has a v7 sti.no mods.fully stock exhaust,

he's just had the ecu reflashed and he said he noticed about 50% diffrence in the car after.it was alot more resposive,better on fuel aswell.

if you plan on doing mods then mayb do that 1st,but best bang for your buck is a reflash,

To get the best result out of any mod you do you will need your ECU reflashed to suit. If you can afford to get a reflash before and after then do that, at least it will give you a good idea of what gains you actualy made. I couldnt afford to do that so did the ECU reflash last, after exhaust and intake etc. Although I couldnt verify any actual power gains by comparing dyno runs, on the road I noticed a big difference and was glad I did the intake. At approx $300 its a pretty cheap mod

DUSWLO said:

intake as in what,pod filter?

be specific ;)

I fit a Gimmick Motorsports silicone pipe that runs under the intake manifold, a 65mm stainless MAF pipe and pod filter. Would have used the factory box and drop in panel filter but needed a pod filter as the factory box didnt fit with FMIC piping. Trimmed the factory air diversion mould to feed directly onto the pod filter.

Nice.it sucks theres no fnt mount kits to fit stock airbox!

Im also running silicone intake pipe under the manifold to the factory black pipe the afm and stock airbox.

The setup im running is mint.an alot smoothet with intake pipe and airbox.

Podfilter made my car feel ruff and slugish.