Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

vf22 rounded wheel???

its worn right up the wheel not just the edges so it doesnt look like rubbing on the housing...

i've seen pics of a few like this in my search not just this one too.

i randomly speculate meth injection spraying into the wheel but not something i know anything about at all :D

no ones really comes close answer wise

its called contaminated air as in crap bypassing the filter or no filter thrust bearings in vf series are at the exhaust end and if they fail you wouldn't have a turbo but they also dont have that effect unless it has a shit load of side play.

eroded comp wheel is poor filtering blades broken come from foreign objects or server comp surge.

pappu said:

one of my mates vf23 whines real hard..very much from off boost all the way till redline

worn thrust bearing?

is there a fix

sounds good but gets annoying after a while

yep theres a fix but not cheap and its not worn thrust just a sad unit thats needs attention before it dies

vorigan said:

no ones really comes close answer wise

its called contaminated air as in crap bypassing the filter or no filter thrust bearings in vf series are at the exhaust end and if they fail you wouldn't have a turbo but they also dont have that effect unless it has a s*** load of side play.

eroded comp wheel is poor filtering blades broken come from foreign objects or server comp surge.

So what I said. A shit filter that didn't filter like it should have.

vorigan']

[quote name='pappu said:

one of my mates vf23 whines real hard..very much from off boost all the way till redline

worn thrust bearing?

is there a fix

/quote]

yep theres a fix but not cheap and its not worn thrust just a sad unit thats needs attention before it dies

damm.. i will update him.. possibly easier for him to get another unit i wud think..thats the first vf23 i heard that whines so much..its usually the twinturbo ones whining away (in my old GT anyway)

pappu']

[quote name='pappu said:

worn thrust bearing?

is there a fix

/quote]

damm.. i will update him.. possibly easier for him to get another unit i wud think..thats the first vf23 i heard that whines so much..its usually the twinturbo ones whining away (in my old GT anyway)

My VF22 whined like a btich from when I bought it on the car at 206,000 til when I sold it at 230,000...no performance change over that time and it still worked fine. I'm not saying your friend's one doesn't necessarily have issues, but it's not a RED ALERT

vorigan']

and some get lucky and that doesn't mean its right if i told my customers other wise i wouldn't be doing them a justice.

the picture about is classified as stuffed and end-float above factory by over .008" is also time to fix

[quote name='funkytown said:

hot / fast / well used / modified bits on performance cars as always will mean:

YMMV..

like me and my 1 year old brand new unit. win some / lose some.

Agreed and Agreed, of course.

the problem lies with just that....trying to find a unit and most vf are hard to find regardless the model

i can do most things to them but if the shafts poked there's not much i can do thus prevention is better than the cure.

my last spare vf's are on there way to Bonneville soon to hopefully put more kiwis in the record book, it should make the tv its something some my laugh at but its going for the worlds fastest 1000cc mini

and don't believe all you hear hahaha

so the shaft in the unit in the pic could be fine? if so do you have a comp wheel?

i can get my hands on a seized one too but havent cast my unexpert eye over it

and i dont doubt you i believe, i dont argue with experts as i know what its like when your customer can do your job way better than you...

evowrx said:

so the shaft in the unit in the pic could be fine? if so do you have a comp wheel?

i can get my hands on a seized one too but havent cast my unexpert eye over it

and i dont doubt you i believe, i dont argue with experts as i know what its like when your customer can do your job way better than you...

as much as the vf22 is meant to be the highest flow of all the vf's i find the vf36 far better and doesn't blow blades off over 20 psi, if a unit has seized it depends of the shaft has made contact with the core or if the bearing collapsed and bent the shaft non of these can be answered till its pulled apart

id rather stick with single scroll i know its not best but im young and having a kid really tightens the wallet a lot. ive seen dyno graph of mse vf23 vs stock vf22 and it looks better everywhere

this is only a family wagon but im just used to a lot quicker...