Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Problem with car dealer - Christchurch

Swindog said:

Take it back get your money back,

Cars are covered under the CGA. Its obviously not fit for purpose, youve given them due course to fix it and its not fixed.

The CGA is your friend in this instance but definitely get in touch with MTA as well. If they are indeed MTA traders then the MTA will back you the consumer all the way. Do not keep the car under any circumstance and make sure to tell MTA the whole story. Good luck and keep us all posted.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ben-jamminn said:

Ok so we wrote a refusal letter, they have come back requesting us to get an independent inspection done on the car,

I am taking it to armstrong subaru tomorrow so fingers crossed for a good outcome!

I found the factory fuel consumption specs here http://specs.amayama.com/specs-subaru-impreza-wagon-2001-november/27726/

and it's way off the figure that stadium cars quoted from their own 'test'

At whose cost?

Swindog']

[quote name='ben-jamminn said:

Ok so we wrote a refusal letter, they have come back requesting us to get an independent inspection done on the car,

I am taking it to armstrong subaru tomorrow so fingers crossed for a good outcome!

I found the factory fuel consumption specs here url]http://specs.amayama.com/specs-subaru-impreza-wagon-2001-november/27726/[/url]

and it's way off the figure that stadium cars quoted from their own 'test'

At whose cost?

What I was thinking here...

Should get a GST and serve them (Stadium cars) for paying

GST?

Ok so armstrong subaru inspected it today and have confirmed the fault and traced it back to a software fault with the ECU, pak files??

either way it is in writing that the fault exists, however stadium cars are persisting at repairing it, we are having a real shit fight at the moment trying to explain that has been 'a reasonable time' they have spent trying to repair it and that it is too much of an inconvenience, as well as a financial burden to run such an inefficient car.

The MTA have sided with the dealer and it is now going back for repairs, for the 4th time..

So disappointed. We just want this to be over and done with and a refund was the only way it was going to happen, this will drag on for another month or so now

crazy-jono said:

i know that one of the guys at stadium cars used to work down at indy cars an he was pretty dodgey back then.

My mate had a similar problem with a clubsport a few months back, i still dont think its sorted either

Good ol' IndyCars...

ben-jamminn said:

My girlfriend is having trouble with 'Stadium Cars' here in Christchurch, has anyone on here had any experience with them?

Long, long story but basically she bought a 2002 Impreza IS Sport hatch in early January, to start with they didn't fulfill the tasks they stated in the 'promise sheet' i.e. fit band expander, fix stone chips and repair curbing to the rims, none of this was done.

Anyway, get the car home, after a few days we notice how the car 'surges' when you after lifting off the throttle then applying throttle again, also terrible fuel economy, yet to get 400km to a full tank, tried 91, 95, 98 no difference.

We took it back to stadium cars, they did a trans flush, replaced o2 sensor. No difference

Took it back again, not sure what they did this time (won't give us any receipts). No difference.

My girlfriend called them again, they accused her of being too picky and "should be thankful she's not in the red zone" (this is emotional black mail, has nothing to do with her car, and little do they know, but she actually lost her house in burwood to the redzone..) After all this I went down there with her and made it really clear that we are finding their service completely un acceptable and that this was their last chance to fix the car, we have really had enough.

This was met with every excuse under the sun, and when I brang up anything to do with the faults with the car they said "we aren't mechanics"... well neither am I

So we left the car with them yet again, they've had it for two and a half weeks, got it back today. They said to her "we've had to spend a lot of money on this car, trying to guilt trip her. she replied with "i spent alot of money on this car" No idea what they have actually done to it. So they've been 'road testing it' (trip meter was at 380km and fuel light on so obviously fuel still no better) and it is STILL surging!

Whats worse is it is under a autosure 6 month mechanical warranty so I don't know why they are being so difficult...

We have absolutely had enough now, she just wants her money back now, they have had enough time to fix it now it's getting out of hand

Has anyone got any advice? surely this is grounds for the consumer guarantees act to come into play?

Hi looks like I'm having similar problems with stadium cars. I purchased a 250t b spec automatic , drove great during test drive etc, drove great to akaroa, next day in akaroa had to use demister to clear windows in morning, temp shot up coolant came spraying back out of overflow so refrained from using heater and got back to christchurch ok. to car back to stadium cars

told the what happened, was happy they didnt qibble about what to do, they said would get it looked at (suspected blockage). Took a few days to here back from them, I had to call to find out what was happening, turns out head gasket had blown and they decided best option was to replace the motor with one their repairer was sourcing that had less ks on it and the cam belt was going to be done too, I was pretty happy to here this. got car back seemed all good, then car started to lag when shift in 1st and 2nd, check engine light was coming on intermittently and only getting approx 200k on half a tank of gas. Took it back again described problems, cel comes on when there is sensor probs they told me, would get it sorted for me. Got car back sensor/cel problem fixed, repairer apparently roadtested car over weekend and found no issues liked I had with laggy shifting. Now car is a real pig it has no power when accelerating I know its now a turbo but when I first got it I didnt have to put my foot down hard to get up to 50, now its like theres something limiting acceleration, maybe another sensor, I dont know think I'll get it looked at indecently before I take it back again.

the more ppl that post about bad experiances with car yards, wreckers or anything in the car industry the better! (or any industry really)

look what a simple check for stadium cars does in google, third link down http://lmgtfy.com/?q=problems+with+stadium+cars+christchurch

many maybe familiar with another complaint thread regarding henderson partsworld, do a google for "problems with"

its all good stuff when you are a consumer

gazzy2000']

[quote name='legacy666 said:

where did that Henderson Partsworld thread go?

/quote]

i think it got locked due to legal issues or douches gettin interwebz angry lol

threads back now unless its locked again

stiklizid']

My girlfriend is having trouble with 'Stadium Cars' here in Christchurch, has anyone on here had any experience with them?

Long, long story but basically she bought a 2002 Impreza IS Sport hatch in early January, to start with they didn't fulfill the tasks they stated in the 'promise sheet' i.e. fit band expander, fix stone chips and repair curbing to the rims, none of this was done.

Anyway, get the car home, after a few days we notice how the car 'surges' when you after lifting off the throttle then applying throttle again, also terrible fuel economy, yet to get 400km to a full tank, tried 91, 95, 98 no difference.

We took it back to stadium cars, they did a trans flush, replaced o2 sensor. No difference

Took it back again, not sure what they did this time (won't give us any receipts). No difference.

My girlfriend called them again, they accused her of being too picky and "should be thankful she's not in the red zone" (this is emotional black mail, has nothing to do with her car, and little do they know, but she actually lost her house in burwood to the redzone..) After all this I went down there with her and made it really clear that we are finding their service completely un acceptable and that this was their last chance to fix the car, we have really had enough.

This was met with every excuse under the sun, and when I brang up anything to do with the faults with the car they said "we aren't mechanics"... well neither am I

So we left the car with them yet again, they've had it for two and a half weeks, got it back today. They said to her "we've had to spend a lot of money on this car, trying to guilt trip her. she replied with "i spent alot of money on this car" No idea what they have actually done to it. So they've been 'road testing it' (trip meter was at 380km and fuel light on so obviously fuel still no better) and it is STILL surging!

Whats worse is it is under a autosure 6 month mechanical warranty so I don't know why they are being so difficult...

We have absolutely had enough now, she just wants her money back now, they have had enough time to fix it now it's getting out of hand

Has anyone got any advice? surely this is grounds for the consumer guarantees act to come into play?

/quote]

Hi looks like I'm having similar problems with stadium cars. I purchased a 250t b spec automatic , drove great during test drive etc, drove great to akaroa, next day in akaroa had to use demister to clear windows in morning, temp shot up coolant came spraying back out of overflow so refrained from using heater and got back to christchurch ok. to car back to stadium cars

told the what happened, was happy they didnt qibble about what to do, they said would get it looked at (suspected blockage). Took a few days to here back from them, I had to call to find out what was happening, turns out head gasket had blown and they decided best option was to replace the motor with one their repairer was sourcing that had less ks on it and the cam belt was going to be done too, I was pretty happy to here this. got car back seemed all good, then car started to lag when shift in 1st and 2nd, check engine light was coming on intermittently and only getting approx 200k on half a tank of gas. Took it back again described problems, cel comes on when there is sensor probs they told me, would get it sorted for me. Got car back sensor/cel problem fixed, repairer apparently roadtested car over weekend and found no issues liked I had with laggy shifting. Now car is a real pig it has no power when accelerating I know its now a turbo but when I first got it I didnt have to put my foot down hard to get up to 50, now its like theres something limiting acceleration, maybe another sensor, I dont know think I'll get it looked at indecently before I take it back again.

Why am I not surprised? They do seem to like this "staff road test over the weekend, give your car back with no petrol thing" They are so unprofessional it's shocking.

The latest with our case is they offered to swap the car with another car off the yard of the same value, thing is that the new emissions law is in place since we bought the car , so now all the cars are newer and more than the $9000 we are limited to. They still won't give a refund, and claim we aren't entitled to one. When we brang up the CGA the director of stadium cars said "don't poke the law at me"

Arrogant prick

Pretty much, the car has multiple faults, and isn't what was represented to us at the time of sale. We have given 'reasonable amount of time' for them to remedy the problems (since January they have had the car for 6 weeks, over 5 attempts) and they are yet to do so, so we wrote a refusal letter to state our intent to refuse the car and ask for our money back (as recommended here http://www.consumeraffairs.govt.nz/for-consumers/motor-vehicles/got-a-problem/faulty-or-defective-vehicles)

This has been met with a shit load of resistance from their part

ben-jamminn said:

Pretty much, the car has multiple faults, and isn't what was represented to us at the time of sale. We have given 'reasonable amount of time' for them to remedy the problems (since January they have had the car for 6 weeks, over 5 attempts) and they are yet to do so, so we wrote a refusal letter to state our intent to refuse the car and ask for our money back (as recommended here http://www.consumeraffairs.govt.nz/for-consumers/motor-vehicles/got-a-problem/faulty-or-defective-vehicles)

This has been met with a s*** load of resistance from their part

of course they would resist that lol, d1cks! keep at it, do not give in to their BS, think of how many other people they have ripped off over the years darnit EM!

Once its said and done, ask them to google "problems with stadium cars christchurch" so they can see how far reaching their bad attitudes and service goes.

good luck! here quote them from their web site http://stadiumcars.co.nz/whystadiumcars/

ben-jamminn']

/quote]

Why am I not surprised? They do seem to like this "staff road test over the weekend, give your car back with no petrol thing" They are so unprofessional it's shocking.

The latest with our case is they offered to swap the car with another car off the yard of the same value, thing is that the new emissions law is in place since we bought the car , so now all the cars are newer and more than the $9000 we are limited to. They still won't give a refund, and claim we aren't entitled to one. When we brang up the CGA the director of stadium cars said "don't poke the law at me"

Arrogant prick

It looks like you have exhausted all negotiating tactics.

Time to bring in the big guns.

Suggested course of action:

1. Have your lawyer write a strongly worded letter threatening small claims court due to non-compliance with CGA etc etc etc

2. Contact Fair Go and let Stadium Cars know they will be on TV shortly.