Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

270kmh + WTF?..

dynofiend said:

Balls to all this jet plane stuff. Stand on the equator and you are travelling at 1600kph compared to someone standing on one of the poles, who isnt moving at all.

If you want to go faster, just look at the sun, youre moving around that at about 107,000kph. Cool.

Not fast enough for you? Look up at the milky way, were rotating around the centre of it at about 800,000kph.

Still not fast enough? Find the constallation Leo in the sky, stare hard at it, cos youre heading towards that at 2,250,000kph.

Do I win yet?

YOu win for either being google master or you get the geek of forum award lol jokes :-*

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well going back to cars;

passeger in a freshly imported Supra RZ in the UK back in '06, had it at 201mph (think thats bout 300kph) in 5th gear. Apparently everytime he went to change up the back wheels wanted to kick so he didnt bother accelerating more. Damn british weather... haha.

oh, was on a track in Ipswich =]

Guest STiEVO
 pixel-pimp said:

well going back to cars;

passeger in a freshly imported Supra RZ in the UK back in '06, had it at 201mph (think thats bout 300kph) in 5th gear. Apparently everytime he went to change up the back wheels wanted to kick so he didnt bother accelerating more. Damn british weather... haha.

oh, was on a track in Ipswich =]

closer to 320km i think

jedi warrior said:

i would suggest they have custom gear sets and having 600ps would help

ie: longer ratios and the torque and power to get there.

Assuming your gearing is right, you'd only need around 360-380HP to get to 270km/h, but aerodynamics are a big factor...

mixja said:
Assuming your gearing is right, you'd only need around 360-380HP to get to 270km/h, but aerodynamics are a big factor...

hmm, I thought the Legacy GT set a record for a production station wagon at around 270 ... and with a lot less than 360 horsies.

• General Member
 Wrxn said:

Hey all, thought i'd share a little something that im doing for my 21st seeing as its Sooby related.. :)

On Friday im off to Pukekohe race track

so!?!?

PICTUERS DAMMIT

willing to bet you got nowhere near 270hph on any racetrack in NZ (Blatant stirring to rekindle an exiting topic)

The Volvo T5 is the fastest production station wagon.

I remeber in 2001 a japanese guy came to the UK in a 1200hp Supra to try and 200mph on a british Motor way (it was kind of set up by some magazine) but he couldn't drop the T5 that was chasing him.

Car seized and the guy deported. Was really funny seeing his face on the news lol

My 998cc mini was good for about 110mph (175k's ish) ;D

Guest keltik

V8 S80 volvo i test drove last year hit its 255 limiter alarmingly fast. Had one of them 6speed DCT transmissions in it. Loved it!

My dad drives a T5 C30 and that thing dissapointed me, my old GT (with some mods) could outrun it to 200k...further testing was never done but im pretty sure he wouldve walked away from me after that

Hey all i've been sick and away from the forums since my birthday, missed you all, hahaha..For those who want to know i hit 212km/h i believe from what the instructor told me, when you go that fast your more worried about braking and riding the corners perfectly than just how fast you can actually go..

An amazing experience, any old tom dick or harry can say that they've been 200 + on streets but to do it on a track and the time you take to get to that speed being so minicule, its an experience and a half.

I've got a few vid clips and pics, typical of the camera to pack it in on the trip to Aucks sooo that was a slice of bad luck, what made the experience even better was being on the track with the other race drivers, V8's Skylines Evo's a massive range was there that day, i reccomend we due track days more frequently, i know it is'nt the cheapest thing but with a group of dedicated drivers and Soobs, it'd be woth while `every time..

JoKer']

[quote name='Wrxn said:

Hey all, thought i'd share a little something that im doing for my 21st seeing as its Sooby related.. :)

On Friday im off to Pukekohe race track

/quote]

so!?!?

PICTUERS DAMMIT

willing to bet you got nowhere near 270hph on any racetrack in NZ (Blatant stirring to rekindle an exiting topic)

We could try and do them more often, see what the numbers are like and if it's feesible for the majority then we go ahead, feels like we're missing out, and im not one to endorse driving at high speeds in a performace vehicle on streets, even though i am a fan of spped and power..

Guest keltik

Theres plenty of track days and events organised. Its just a case of being in the right area to attend them.

Personally i can only afford an event every couple months or my entire income would be spent on fixing stuff i'd broken at the track

So out of Curiosity, how many on average do we organise and successfully complete on say a monthly basis?..I'd really love people to get more motivated and get out and cruise around together and challenge and have lotsa fun, says me who still has'nt actually met face to face with anyone yet, but am going to very soon..

That is a good point, it is'nt cheap, but if we were to really go out there as a club, make a big mane for ourselves get a few more contacts than what we have and the more people, the cheaper things generraly are, please correct me if im wrong..

well asides the fact that i need a pretty long piece of road to do it, my r.s has a 240 click speedo and has no problem going off the clock, i would think it can manage somewhere between 245-255kph, gets kinda hairy after 220kph tho........

Guest boostcut

i went for a ride in a guys skyline on friday and we wer doing about 240-250 and i looked over and the oil light was on hard and he still had his foot buried.. told him to stop imediately and was sitting there idling then threw a rod out. good sht.

boostcut said:

i went for a ride in a guys skyline on friday and we wer doing about 240-250 and i looked over and the oil light was on hard and he still had his foot buried.. told him to stop imediately and was sitting there idling then threw a rod out. good sht.

hahahaha nothing like a dead skidda :P