• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

270kmh + WTF?..

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JoKer said:

WTF does that club have anything to do with anything STFU (both of you) [posts removed]

Goudies Road, Reporoa

South Eyre Road, Canterbury.

Ca-nal East Road, Waitakaruru

Can-al West Road, Waitakaruru

7 Mile Road, Oamaru

Chertsey-Kyle Road, Ashburton

are where all the official records are set

so "if" you really want you can try there....

ClubSUB Captain does not condone unofficial speed record attempts nor unsafe driving

Cant find name of road in Carterton where they tried recently with Motocycle

*yes I am now moderating this thread heavily*

pretty sure all have things in their past which they are not proud of but still lay claim to

personally I can claim 205kph

ooooooo id hate to be goin warp speed on any of the canal roads in waituk bumpy and uneven, go down torehape or hamilton road where we used to do the car club sprints :)

Guest dynofiend

These threads are pointless. Does it really matter how fast youve been? Its a little bit like looking to one side whilst stood at the urinal if you ask me :P

My 125cc rotax go kart can do about 120 on sprint gearing and well over 200 on road (circuit) gearing. Not that impressive but on the sprint gearing it gets to 120 in about 2.5 seconds. ;D

All on the race track its to low for the road. ;)

I was there when Option were doing those speed runs (i have photos somewhere) My uncle had a farm just up the road from Goudies.

Ive had a play on that road back in my young and stupid days. But the Off- Road logging trucks use that road alot so not the best thing to come across if you going at warp 9.

Ive done about 260 at the old taupo track in my kart. (250cc open) best time around there was a 38.7

on the new track with taller gears could get to 300. but weather it would stay on the ground would be the question.

Fastest for me was in a E55 merc just outside Stuttgart, maxed out at 250km/h sat on that for a while before being passed by a mad german on a motorbike. Early that day we had the flying brick up around 180 most of the time.

IMG_2214.jpg

IMG_2377.jpg

All on public roads, all legal. Got to love the autobahn.

Cheers, 2dr

Guest jedi warrior

ive done 655kph in a skyhawk..

thats insane

and before anyone tries sayin its bs... was a TA-4k ( two seater )

jedi warrior said:

thats insane

I've been over 1000 kph in a 747 with a tailwind in the jetstream between here and Aussie. Makes 655 kph look pissweak when there was a few hundred other people on the flying bus rather than just 2 :o

Koom']

[quote name='jedi warrior said:

thats insane

/quote]

I've been over 1000 kph in a 747 with a tailwind in the jetstream between here and Aussie. Makes 655 kph look pissweak when there was a few hundred other people on the flying bus rather than just 2 :o

Lol owned.

I would be the same then or around that speed. Between Brisbane and Singapore on a Qantas Boeing. The double decker ones...900 and something km/h crusing speed. I remember sitting there going holy s**t i cant feel a thing.

Guest jedi warrior
 Koom']

thats insane

/quote]

maybe so but ya cant really get a good view from a tiny window.. try a canopy like this one.

jhme007d.jpg

as apposed to this:

747window.jpg

in fact here watch this:

still not convinced?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPxkQALNg28&feature=related

i know what i would prefer..

747 pfft need a tui?

Koom']

thats insane

/quote]

Lol owned.

I would be the same then or around that speed. Between Brisbane and Singapore on a Qantas Boeing. The double decker ones...900 and something km/h crusing speed. I remember sitting there going holy s**t i cant feel a thing.

im with uh-1h canel west or east roads bumpy as...it runs down the side of canal funnily enough on peat land all over the show...

mind you some chap set some record on a motorbike sometime ago if i remeber rightly but these days you wouldnt want to do more than 100 haha...

Guest dynofiend

Balls to all this jet plane stuff. Stand on the equator and you are travelling at 1600kph compared to someone standing on one of the poles, who isnt moving at all.

If you want to go faster, just look at the sun, youre moving around that at about 107,000kph. Cool.

Not fast enough for you? Look up at the milky way, were rotating around the centre of it at about 800,000kph.

Still not fast enough? Find the constallation Leo in the sky, stare hard at it, cos youre heading towards that at 2,250,000kph.

Do I win yet?