Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

270kmh + WTF?..

Hey all, thought i'd share a little something that im doing for my 21st seeing as its Sooby related.. :)

On Friday im off to Pukekohe race track to drive a performance STI which is capable of 270kmh +, very exciting, really can't wait, if you want an idea of how fast that is, my Wrx currently tops out at 180kmh, (until i rebuild) ;) and runs 15psi standard, this STI 'aparently' is boosting 40psi..

Sooo it's gonna be lots of fun and can't wait, if any1 has actually been this fast, drop me a note, i've only been 200kmh, and i wasn't the driver.. :o

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jedi warrior

i would suggest they have custom gear sets and having 600ps would help

ie: longer ratios and the torque and power to get there.

Guest STiEVO

254km v8 supercar as passenger around puke. at the time the acceleration was no more impressive than my gtt caldina but holy fark the breaking was insane. imagine being in a car boosting hard but the seat is facing backwards.it felt like my face was getting sucked off. awsome you are very lucky and mine was a bday gift as well.best of luck you son of a bitch

H8RB8']

[quote name='Swindog said:

Yeah no reason why you cant top out at 265km. I know my gearing could do 265 /270 if had long enough road.

Have done 235km in mine with a couple grand to go.

/quote]

private road too right? :P

In the interests of public outrage......................yes a very very private road ::) and i didnt record it ;D

Guest jedi warrior

id like to know where these "private" roads are...

seems to be alot of them

meh must be some rich guy with a runway somewhere thats not being used or something....

::)

Choice!

Top speed iv'e been in my car is 200km/h. At least another couple of thou RPM left at that speed, so I imagine its good for 230-240 with no speedcut.

Top speed I'v driven was 235km/h in a R32 GTR in the mid nineties.

All done on private roads, of course. ;D

• General Member

WTF does that club have anything to do with anything STFU (both of you) [posts removed]

Goudies Road, Reporoa

South Eyre Road, Canterbury.

Ca-nal East Road, Waitakaruru

Can-al West Road, Waitakaruru

7 Mile Road, Oamaru

Chertsey-Kyle Road, Ashburton

are where all the official records are set

so "if" you really want you can try there....

ClubSUB Captain does not condone unofficial speed record attempts nor unsafe driving

Cant find name of road in Carterton where they tried recently with Motocycle

*yes I am now moderating this thread heavily*

pretty sure all have things in their past which they are not proud of but still lay claim to

personally I can claim 205kph

Guest keltik

My Calibra did a verified 240kph with a non turbo cosworth 2liter....

Getting past 300kph is where things start being impressive