Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

DOES SIZE MATTER VF23 OIL LINE?

I need to know if the size of the oil feed line matters to a vf23. i am currently running the td04 feed line with vf23 banjo bolts both ends on a v5 wrx non sti.

i need a longer line for my twisted setup.

is it sweet to cut and flare the pipe using rubber oil line for the extension?

or to use banjo ends with full rubber hose?

i will upgrade to braided hose just need to get it running same day.

i dont think they have rubber oil lines for turbo feed..i have only seen metal and braided..

the feed size should be fine as long as using the right banjo (bigger than banjo for feed size anyway)

i guess, if there is a rubber version availble then bano ends be the go perhaps.... ???

the standard one is metal you cant buy rubber ones i just want to make something work to get sizes for a braided line and need the car going as its daily driver. living in dargaville means the closest braided hose shop is whangarei if theyre open weekends and it would be bloody expensive.

yea i know but rather just pay for what i need.

out of interest why doesnt rubber work is it pressure? the return is rubber and has shitty wire clips. pressure would be all would put it down to.

ill get a braided one monday.

Tis not oil compatible + oil pressure > fuel pressure

Ask your self a question - do I want a blown motor coa I went all cheap on a simple oil line ??? You shouldn't even need to ask that question if you care about the motor

evowrx said:

its not about going cheap. i wouldve thought fuel pressure would be higher than oil anyway but wouldnt know for sure.

Fuel press is around 40psi and under boost a little higher.

Oil press is about 60psi and can get to over 100psi. Add high temps that oil get to, normal EFI hose will just pop off (or apart) and you lose turbo plus maybe engine all for being cheap on the oil feed line.

Its always the cheapest part which cause the most damage.

D-Style']

[quote name='evowrx said:

its not about going cheap. i wouldve thought fuel pressure would be higher than oil anyway but wouldnt know for sure.

/quote]

Fuel press is around 40psi and under boost a little higher.

Oil press is about 60psi and can get to over 100psi. Add high temps that oil get to, normal EFI hose will just pop off (or apart) and you lose turbo plus maybe engine all for being cheap on the oil feed line.

Its always the cheapest part which cause the most damage.

more what i was after not just a no as i do realise the cost of shortcuts. hydraulic hose is readily available and would be fine being rated to 4000psi and hi temp. no braided hose in town looking further afield atm. only thing left other than custom fab work to get it on the road now.

Hydraulic oil is much nicer on rubber as its often silicon based, where engine oil isnt... Engine oil loves rubber hoses of any type. Have seen them perish a digger main hydraulic line over the space of about 3 months... Digger motor was a bit weapy as it was ooooold. Definately get engine oil approved lines.....

getting braided hose itself is no problem finding crimp on banjo ends to suit is the bitch. i wouldnt've thought hose clamps and barbed banjos would be the best but would it work.

are hose finishers ok? can get them no problem but are just a tidy hose clamp in reality

kwi_fozze said:

Hydraulic oil is much nicer on rubber as its often silicon based, where engine oil isnt... Engine oil loves rubber hoses of any type. Have seen them perish a digger main hydraulic line over the space of about 3 months... Digger motor was a bit weapy as it was ooooold. Definately get engine oil approved lines.....

was oil dripping on the outside of the hose? with in tank fuel line it must be the right stuff not just efi hose coz it wears through from outside same principle. is that what you are referring to? if so big difference.