Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Going to Japan...found a few goodies places

Right. So I'm off on Saturday... and I've found a few places. I also have a few people dedicated to making sure I don't kill myself over there, courtesy of my father.

So. I'm thinking.

I may have a bit of room in my suitcase or bits and pieces. Im really only after gauges (+pod) and HIDs for myself...

Throw it out there people. Suggestions of things you want (and will actually buy off me once I'm back)... if I come across them, can afford... I might bring them back :)

I WILL HAVE MUH LAPTOP. And there is wireless at the hotel. So I'll see updates here :) And will post what I find on the first trip to UP Garage at least.

So... fire away :D I can only do a few small items, cash is limited as is space...

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a machete for to chop off your fingers.

You cant spout so much dribble with bloody stumps doing the typing right?

JK JK just go to a super Autobacs and prepare your credit card to take some punishment!!

Oh one handy hint for you, the only atm machines i found that took westpac cards were the japanese post office ones!

Make sure you visit Shibuya, good gadget shopping.

Harajuku is also a nice district to browse(and stare) in.

Just Tokyo for 90% of the trip, though Dad is organising an overnight stay at a traditional lodge out in the country for a real taste of Japan :)

TOTALLY going to Autobacs by the sounds of it...omg. Getting my arse dragged to Shibuya too. And the factory, if my crazy Indian friend kept his word and organised it :-\

well id like the FF:AC and FF7:Int for ps3 pack that comes with the XIII demo ... but i have a broken car to save for

oh oh go to the SQUARE ENIX shop in tokyo. only open weekends. i can get the address for you? i think i found it on google maps too, i walked in circles for 3 hours to find it after getting off at wrong station..

Re ATM's. Many 7-11's also have ATM machines that take international cards but they charge a fee.

I was in Japan a week ago. I wish I'd heard of Autobacs (then again, I may have spent too much money ;).

Shale said:

Just Tokyo for 90% of the trip, though Dad is organising an overnight stay at a traditional lodge out in the country for a real taste of Japan :)

TOTALLY going to Autobacs by the sounds of it...omg. Getting my arse dragged to Shibuya too. And the factory, if my crazy Indian friend kept his word and organised it :-\

Does that inc a payment of two dorrar? ($2) Lol

kamineko said:

well id like the FF:AC and FF7:Int for ps3 pack that comes with the XIII demo ... but i have a broken car to save for

oh oh go to the SQUARE ENIX shop in tokyo. only open weekends. i can get the address for you? i think i found it on google maps too, i walked in circles for 3 hours to find it after getting off at wrong station..

Only thing I like from Square is the fighting game that has that crazy mofo Ken Mishima/Godhand in it ;D But you know what WHO CARES, fire me the address and I'll try and get there ;D I have a week of staring like a lost Gaijin to do!! (Only open on weekends though? Will have to have a peek when I get there on Sunday, or before I leave on Saturday)

D-Style - Dad's business contact says there's a massive UP Garage very close to my hotel. GUESS WHERE I'M SPENDING MY WEEK ;D

Righty, the mounting list...

Shale's List Of Stuff To Perve At And Consider Getting:

- Drool at Square Enix shop for Kami-sensei (potentially waste some cash there)

- Gearknob and boot, STi ver 5, for Swin <-- edited :)

- Gauge pod for Lou (And meeee!!)

Will pad this out and add prices as I find them ;D

Don't expect Japan to be cheap for electronics. I found it was cheaper to buy stuff in NZ if you know where to go.

The only exception to that that I saw in two weeks there was PS3's. I saw some crazy deals on them but not speaking/reading the language I wonder whether I was missing something important ;)