tez n u

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • General Member

Deja vu... I am certain I have seen those pics elsewhere in the last 48 Hours...

NZhondas?

Looks sick btw, such a tidy bay and very jelly of the Evo ability to make 300KW+ so easy. I have a mate making near on 400KW and he has spent bugger all on it really.

I do think E4\'s are probably one of if not the best performance bargain at the moment - not many cars you can pick up for 8k, spend 3k on and make a reliable bulletproof 230-240kW @ wheels (assuming you\'ve found a mythical unmodified evo)

Good job on the car man, doing everything once & right

Marky said:

I do think E4\'s are probably one of if not the best performance bargain at the moment - not many cars you can pick up for 8k, spend 3k on and make a reliable bulletproof 230-240kW @ wheels (assuming you\'ve found a mythical unmodified evo)

Weaker bottom end in evo 4? People seem to blow them a lot compared to 5-. Cant remember what though maybe thrust setup? I only really give a fuck about evos when b-magics bein an idiot these days.

B-MAGIC']

[quote name='Marky said:

I do think E4\'s are probably one of if not the best performance bargain at the moment - not many cars you can pick up for 8k, spend 3k on and make a i]reliable[/i] bulletproof 230-240kW @ wheels (assuming you\'ve found a mythical unmodified evo)

Weaker bottom end in evo 4? People seem to blow them a lot compared to 5-. Cant remember what though maybe thrust setup? I only really give a bother about evos when b-magics bein an idiot these days.

haha keep my name out of your mouth prick. I havent said anything and you call me out. wtf.

come to the next auckland meet bro if your such a big man. make sure you have evowrx written on your forehead in a pen so i know which dude to knock out..

Why you hating on me are you jealous ?

you wanna do that at an auckland meet?

I didnt realise I was hating on you chap just some of the things you say I just dont agree with and it is a public forum. If I recall correctly even though I havent always seen eye to eye with you Ive still offered you cheap parts and shit just being helpful going out of my way coz thats what car clubs are all about. Still will help if I can even after your lovely pm. Btw did nearly everyone in the club get that pm?

But no I dont have a problem with you nor am I jealous. At least you share your opinion and try and help on here a lot of people dont.

Evo 4 has the same thrust bearing setup as evo 1 to 3 so i realy dont understand why it would have thrust bearing issues....a close mate is making over 280wkw on stock evo 4 bottom end on his evo and it has been very strong and reliable making multiple passes at meremere and still going strong till this day ;D

Thinking about it Ive actually got a set of acl race mains I listed as evo 1-4 on tm...brainfade. Had mates up here 4 or 5 of them blown up not worked cars just stock evo 4 mainly h/g issues.

EVO 1 to 4 uses integrated thrust washers

EVO 5 to 9 uses floating type thrust washers

If you know anyone looking for evo 1-3 stuff Ive got everything to build an evo 3 longblock including block/head, acl mains/be/head studs/eagle rods/cometic hg for evo 1-3 and 4,stock crank, etc acl is still in packaging as with gaskets full set.

Also everything to convert a CD5A gsr to evo 1-3 including axles/bolt ons. Just if you know anyone haha.

It seems to be some weird bastard issue just with the E4 and some early ones where they get crankwalk (where the crank gets some longways movement?). I don\'t know the ins & outs but if doing a big power build most engine places will try to use a 5 onwards block purely cause of the crankwalk that freak 4 motors get. I had a friend have it happen 2 or 3 times till she just bought a stocker 5 long block, bulletproof ever since.

Anything else is just generic 4G63 stuff - just age & treatmeant catching up on them I guess. Cause they\'re so dirt cheap they dont get babied like a "classic" evo or a later model one. Hell - in Japan people are starting to use them as just gravel hacks now, same way we\'d look at an old dereg RS legacy or something

Then you get the freakish ones that go super good - mates E4 made 260kW @ 19psi (on nzefi hub dyno) on the stock turbo & long block (no cams). Had every bolt on otherwise but must have been one of those motors where all the tolerances went the right way, not wrong. That one confused the NZ internet a bit "waaah TD05\'s can\'t do that" "you must have mad cams" "its on avgas" "dynos wrong" - nope just went good

Yea crank walk is kinda over-rated, im still running a evo 4 block with my strocker bits and we were runing a 3700 pound clutch on it, i recently had al the bearings replaced just for maintenance an they were in mint condition including the thrust bearing supporting that heavy as clutch ;D and also once a block crank walks your never supose to reuse it or it wil happen over and over again....btw some reasearch has shown that even the mighty evo 9 engine can suffer from crank walk and so can a 2jz and a rb26, mates gtr had bad crank walk twice in a row.

• 6 months later...