Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

'02 B4 RSK Questions

How's it going guys? Just got a couple of questions for my newly purchased Legacy/ introducing myself to the forum. Name's Brad, recently converted to Subies and am proud to say, I love owning one. There's a couple of things I want to do to the car, but am unsure as what to do (Don't really wanna cock it up). So my questions for you all are as follows:

- I want to remove the spoiler off the car, but when I went to the other day, It has some rubber sealant holding the spoiler in place. What's a safe and clean way to remove this, so I can take the spoiler off? As seen in pics below.

- What kind of cost is it to purchase and install front mounted intercooler/ where's the best place in Christchurch to get it done?

- I bought an HKS SSQV BOV off TradeMe, but I just need to buy a blanking plug for it. What size blanking plug do I need in mm?

Thanks in advance guys. Looking forward to learning a bit more about my car and meeting you'll.

20120708_141111.jpg

20120625_124238.jpg

20120722_183032.jpg

20120708_141316.jpg

First of all welcome along and very sharp looking car!

1.With the blow of valve im 90% certain it's a 29mm bung but im sure someone can clarify this.

2. In terms of a front mount the cons out weigh the pros unless you are making alot more power than factory, the front mount would ideally need tuning for, should be certified and will also increase turbo lag because of the longer length of the pipe work.

3.When I swapped spoilers on my car I just gently ripped it off and it came away quite easily, I think the seal might be more for water tightness as opossed to a glue, but yes it is a bit sticky. I didn't need to but you could try getting a little bit of heat to the glue through the use of a heat gun or even a hairdryer.

Edit: This is where I got the information on the 29mm bung

http://www.xspeed.com.au/manuals/FG-ADM-LBB4.pdf

Just my 2 cents. FMIC is a waste of time on these unless you've got grand plans for huge power. Also, the engine runs well as it is and will last you a long time if you look after it - neglect it and it will die. The rev D legacies are a good car stock and heavily modifying them usually ruins it.

Please service it every 10k at the least, I service mine every 5.

The Glue does take a little effort to come free. You will be left with holes that you'll need to fill up. You can get rubber bungs, but TBH the look Rangi as hell and would degrade you car.

FMIC waste of time. If you must upgrade, try getting a V7+ STi top mount and fitting that. Not bolt in. but has been done.

Plus:

Zerosports intake pipe:

nengun-1450-00-zerosports-air_intake_pip

I/C pipe kit:

$(KGrHqFHJDcE9!QGenYrBPRlgsZLnQ~~60_35.J

Get an Exhaust system and Reflash ECU that should be all you need.

If you want anymore, either Single turbo it or buy a WRX.

Thanks for the help guys. Where would be the best place to go and get the holes filled from taking the spoiler off? So taking the front mount off the last, what is the best way to reduce the lag in the turbos, and where's the best place Christchurch to get all the work done on the car?

Sorry about all the questions, just wanting to get all the information right instead of going and guess I everything. This websites my go to, if I need to see how to do something.

Thanks for the help guys, I think I'm going to find my love for my car getting stronger with every upgrade I make to it. Going to be spraying the calipers red on the weekend,give it a good wax then take it out somewhere to get some flashy photos of it taken. Are there many cost efficient upgrades I can make that will give me a little bit more power/ how costly would converting it single be?

I'll let you guys know with my progress. It's gonna be something special.

EDIT: Just had a look on TradeMe for the blanking plugs, but they only have sizes; 19mm, 25mm and 32mm. Best bet?

Go to a local panel/paint shop and see if someone wants to do a cash job.

To tell you straight, the TT subarus arent easy to get more power out of. you can make little gains, but the more you play with, the more likey you are going to have problems.

The Lag (or VOD) is a feature of all TT subarus, you can mask it with the like of a Zerosports Sequential control.

Since you have a REV D model, you have the luxury of being able to re-flash your ecu. So make you car breath (CAI/intake piping, Exhaust, maybe a bigger top mount but not really needed) and thats about all you can really do. If you want power, engine swap or buy new car.

You could add things like light weight pulleys and Flywheel.

I would sugguest giving it a birthday with new fuilds (gearbox, diff, brake etc) Drop the sump and clean it out along with oil pick up. Remove mesh filters out turbo supply pipes.

Brake upgrades, Suspension etc is up to you with how much money you want to spend.

Single turbo upgrade parts can cost around $1500 mark, but then you would have to install yourself. Its not for inexperinced people .

there are threads about it around here.

Sorry about bumping this back up, but with the Blanking plug, what size should I be needing to get? Where does it actually get fitted, so I can measure this up? Thanks for the help again, just have never had to install a BOV before, so finding my way through the ins and outs.

Blanking plug, pull the hose off your recirc valve and have a measure (iirc its 25mm ish, but cant confirm) piece of cake to swap out. If you have a chat to prowholesale on here, he can sort you out a gfb blow off valve. Damn good piece of kit, better than hks imho, and he could prob sort you out blanking plug at the same time.

Mods list, zerosports intake pipe, cat back exhaust, ecu reflash.

Give her a freshen up ( new fluids etc) find yourself some twisty roads and enjoy the drive dude, oh, and welcome along :)

Might sound like a complete tool when I ask this, but... Is this RSK modelled B4 also known as Rev-D? Or am I just assuming things. Whereabouts is the best place to get the ECU reflashed and around about how much does it cost? Cheers guys.