Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

vf28 Vs vf22

fbssub1

Had both but never actually ran the vf22, the vf28 is a hell of a lot smaller than the 22 so runs out of puff at 200kw, did with my set up, vf 22 obviously goes a lot higher.

In defense of the vf28 it came on pretty quickly around 3500 revs on my motor running 20 psi.

ultimately the decision is obviously yours man, u need to ask yourself what you want out of your car!! do u want to be thrown back in the seat or do you wnat to be able to flick threw the gears quickly? Each of the turbos has its pros and cons as im sure others will agree.

Everybody seems to talk about h.p (what we love to call the wank factor) Ok h.p is obviously important for bragging rights, but what about how much torque the car puts out?? thats what throws you back in the seat and holds you there, ask yourself what you will use the car for and do your research into what turbo is going to provide you with the needs to achieve your goals, remember hp isnt everything!!

everyone saying the vf22 is very laggy, yeah it is compare to the vf28. in my case they are very both good turbo... in the end i would prefer the vf22 for the better top end as i dont race around cones on a parking lot events but then i would prefer a TD04 for that, which re pretty good. i got rid of my vf22 for a VF37 then got a IHI RX6 which is kinda off topic now?

over all like other people are asking what your intention with your car?

i had my vf22 dyno with possum link years ago and got 220kw@18psi the injectors was maxing out

X said:

everyone saying the vf22 is very laggy, yeah it is compare to the vf28. in my case they are very both good turbo... in the end i would prefer the vf22 for the better top end as i dont race around cones on a parking lot events but then i would prefer a TD04 for that, which re pretty good. i got rid of my vf22 for a VF37 then got a IHI RX6 which is kinda off topic now?

over all like other people are asking what your intention with your car?

i had my vf22 dyno with possum link years ago and got 220kw@18psi the injectors was maxing out

what injectors where you running, looking to do a rebuild on a v8 sti motor, strip it down to case and crank, add some I rods and some 92.5 forges, ported and polished v5 sti heads and go from there, got 565 side feed for it atm but may look at 800cc injectors

RSTID said:

ultimately the decision is obviously yours man, u need to ask yourself what you want out of your car!! do u want to be thrown back in the seat or do you wnat to be able to flick threw the gears quickly? Each of the turbos has its pros and cons as im sure others will agree.

Everybody seems to talk about h.p (what we love to call the wank factor) Ok h.p is obviously important for bragging rights, but what about how much torque the car puts out?? thats what throws you back in the seat and holds you there, ask yourself what you will use the car for and do your research into what turbo is going to provide you with the needs to achieve your goals, remember hp isnt everything!!

+1 Grade A comment...Torque is what ya require Oh Yeah!!...The Phrase ,"Horses for courses "springs to mind.

Also , Should i say Usually,...Race application engines with turbos are best kept to a specific rev range to get the most out of the setup/engine/turbo combo.

Maxing out to the 8000 rpm Limiter is just stupid ::), The power peak has already been passed way back down the Rpm range. Therefore gearboxes have been fitted to allow return to this "power zone" ;)