Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

best place to mount oil catch can on gc8?

whatchain

• 3 weeks later...

so you guys saying theres is no where to put it unless i move the battery to boot? i personally don\'t like the idea the moving the battery to the boot. since my car is a type r and it has the water bottle for the spray, i never use the spray anyway, would it be alright if i just remove the bottle and place it there?

• General Member

wof fail, can if you move that somewhere and keep it functional

you have already noted by now there is not a lot of room in the engine bay aye bay

put the washer bottle in the guard? / anywhere already suggested for catch-can

OR something you can swap in place/spare washer bottle you dont mind getting oil in etc on those fun day (actually not a bad idea i rection)

• 5 weeks later...
 ADIKT said:

mount catch can in boot? lulz

rofl. rock n roll baby.

btw, im looking to take up loner\'s advice and remove charcoal canister to fit oil catch can. can someone who knows how to do this give me steep by steep instructions on how to do it? i heard some people say if u take it out, it can cause you not to be able to fill the car up?? or throw out a check engine light? also how strong would the smell of gas be if i took it out?

TypeR rated said:

A mate had his catch can mounted on the firewall on passengers side down low. had plenty of room in there to fit one. He also had a front mount so was easier to get to.

i had a look down there, i could only fit a .5L not 1L can there. not enough capacity and a bitch to take out every time..

whatchain']

[quote name='ADIKT said:

mount catch can in boot? lulz

/quote]

rofl. rock n roll baby.

btw, im looking to take up loner\'s advice and remove charcoal canister to fit oil catch can. can someone who knows how to do this give me steep by steep instructions on how to do it? i heard some people say if u take it out, it can cause you not to be able to fill the car up?? or throw out a check engine light? also how strong would the smell of gas be if i took it out?

Leave the tank breather open and block the other which goes to mani i think. I stripped mine right out and put hose down the firewall so vents by the steering rack.