Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Legacy mega stutter!

tebbyj

titian']

[quote name='tebbyj said:

Okay, will check that out tomorrow.

One thing i forgot to mention when you start it up from cold the idle will drop really low like very close to stall then pick itself back up to 1500rpm, possibly related?? ???

/quote]

thats more like a gunked up icv/icu. Could be playing a part in this carry on you are experiencing...Not hard to remove and clean out :)

If you do clean the ICV make sure you have a new gasket first.. I did mine in the weekend and the old gasket was so swollen that it was impossible to get it to sit back in the groove again, I had to cut it in half and trim some length out to get it back in, thankfully it didn\'t leak coolant everywhere but I bought a new one on Monday, $22

IMG_1397.jpg

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tebbyj said:

Is there anyway to test the maf with a multimeter? Other than just unplugging it, because its an intermittent problem. Just so i can see if thats the problem before i go and buy a new one.

Not that i know of. However try this:- Swap MAF with your mates one that you know to be ok...Do a run to test for any change :)....o2 and MAF can be faulty but not throw code....disconnect o2 and see if there is any change too...Ok to do a test without the o2 :)...

Was driving along today, car started doing its cut in and out thing, i got frustrated and just unplugged the MAF car ran brilliantly! if you ignored the CEL. Plugged it back in soon after, Less than 3 km.

So defs thinking thats the problem!

Will fix and report back!

Sorry to hijack the thread, I have a similar problem in my 2000 Subaru Legacy E-Tune same thing won\'t throw any fault codes, runs rough on start-up and has hesitation issues also.

Talked to the local garage, and they told me a dodgy AFM won\'t though codes? Is this correct?

Steveo said:

Sorry to hijack the thread, I have a similar problem in my 2000 Subaru Legacy E-Tune same thing won\'t throw any fault codes, runs rough on start-up and has hesitation issues also.

Talked to the local garage, and they told me a dodgy AFM won\'t though codes? Is this correct?

Thats what i thought about mine to, when it next starts playing up just pull over and unplug the AFM you\'ll get a CEL but you know instantly if the car runs better with it unplugged there has to be something wrong with it.

On another note, went to the dealer today to price up a new AFM $500 retail !!!!!! :o he said he would do it for me at $400 (because i do a bit of work for them) still a bit high though.

Went on trademe and got an aftermarket replacement for $135, Guy has 100% positve feedback and comes with a 6 month warrranty so should be okay hopefully.

tebbyj']

[quote name='Steveo said:

/quote]

Thats what i thought about mine to, when it next starts playing up just pull over and unplug the AFM you\'ll get a CEL but you know instantly if the car runs better with it unplugged there has to be something wrong with it.

On another note, went to the dealer today to price up a new AFM $500 retail !!!!!! :o he said he would do it for me at $400 (because i do a bit of work for them) still a bit high though.

Went on trademe and got an aftermarket replacement for $135, Guy has 100% positve feedback and comes with a 6 month warrranty so should be okay hopefully.

AFM p/n?

evowrx']

[quote name='Steveo said:

/quote]

AFM p/n?

Sorry, dont know what you mean haha ???

No luck guys, new afm installed still doing the exsact same thing. Loss of power stuttering massive hesitation...

Fixed cold idle though. Havent done an ecu reset since install but i cant imagine that would cause this.

Next logical place to look?

Im thinking fuel pump...

tebbyj said:

No luck guys, new afm installed still doing the exsact same thing. Loss of power stuttering massive hesitation...

Fixed cold idle though. Havent done an ecu reset since install but i cant imagine that would cause this.

Next logical place to look?

Im thinking fuel pump...

But you said it went away when you unplugged the AFM? What brand is the aftermarket AFM you have?

Yes i know it did, but its done this before.

It went away when i accidentaly left one of the coil packs uplugged aswell (only runninng on three cylinders ??? )

i dont know which brand but is just an aftermarket copy off trademe, seems to be pretty good quality aswell...

Still no luck, Changed the fuel pump and still runnning like poo...

Car now has hesitation all of the time mainly when cruising, bunny hops when cold, is down on power and idle isn\'t the best, hesitation when under load has come about now too.

Have checked/replaced Fuel pump, AFM, Knock Sensor, Plugs, Coils, Fuel Filter.

AND still no CEL!

Yeap, checked plug gaps all were good, coil on plugs and are the new type so not so likely to fail.

Just found this today:

241753465_full.jpg

Is a line to the canister from i\'m assuming the fuel tank(disappears under the car)

Line coming down is out the bottom the canister, black line on the right looks like it should connect to the one coming down.

Could this cause problems?

Okay got it on the Sub Data computer and this is what came out,

Fault code 24 (idle control malfunction)

And this is the data, See if you can spot something wrong....

At idle:

241920387_full.jpg

241920474_full.jpg

at 2500(ish)

241920518_full.jpg

241920558_full.jpg

Also is it normal for a knock sensor to pick up knock and retard timing when engine is cold?

Was at max knock correction (32 deg I think) when first plugged computer in.

Not 100% on the knock stuff, but 02 sensors do take a while to warm up - longer if they are getting old & tired, and they are a part which wears out for sure.

Knock at idle could just be noisy motor (not like it\'s going to be genuinely pinging at idle I guess)