Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Push Button Start

does anyone have one? I want one, just for the hell of it... considering buying a Honda S2000 start button (apparently they're less than $50 USD) and wiring it in, just haven't decided where it would go yet... thoughts? (oh yeah, flame away...)

i imgine it would be pretty easy to wire up, using afew switches and a button,

i think it would be more hassle than good tho

either still have key to turn to "on" then hit start button

or have a switch for easy step, ie switch for "acc", then for "on", then hit button, then when turning car off must rember to flick all swtiches off, could wire "acc" and "on" into one switch i guess, then have a extra switch for "acc" that you could leave off unless you want,

with the 2nd method you would need to leave the key in or break/grind off steering lock thingy so you wouldnt need a key to be able to turn

Be carefull with the S2000 start button, i hear when Vtec Kicks in things go loco 'omes.

It would be cool if you could get one that is wired into a key/transponder so you just need the keys in your pocket and then can start it up. No need for insertion.

I had one in my mini after someone broke the ignition cylinder and i didn't want to replace it.

Used an old headlight switch because it has two on terminals (ign1 and ign2) then i put it down by the foglight switch. Then got a sprung "on while depressed" button for the starter. worked mean and cost about $6.

In a subie you could still keep the imobiliser and use the key for steering lock and relocate the ignition wires

TURTLE said:

Be carefull with the S2000 start button, i hear when Vtec Kicks in things go loco 'omes.

It would be cool if you could get one that is wired into a key/transponder so you just need the keys in your pocket and then can start it up. No need for insertion.

if your alarm has imobliser for the ingintion then you could leave the two switches in the on pos and it wouldnt matter because it would cut power to them anyway i think?

oh wait no your alarm would be going off,

but you could wire it so the imobliser cuts all power to the ingintion but then once your car alarm arms it would cut all power to everything - a pain in the ass if your alarm automaticly arms after a certain time which im pretty sure most new alarms do...

would mean you could have an extra kill switch and a werid as/custom wired alarm

JoKer said:

set "ignition on" into the "door unlock" relay?

disarm alarm/imobiliser then start and go!

then off when door lock relay goes?

na wouldnt work i think, someone could hit the lock door while car running and it would die lol

could wire around it but would be a pain in the ass,

TBH leaving it standard would be the easyest & less painful way

but it can be done

• General Member

Missile rocket style switches FTW - remove key barrel all together

one for ACC, one for ON and one for show

rely on alarm for locking/imobilisation

no keys

heck with keyless entry I have often contemplated leaving keys in the ignition and just using alarm remote for entry.... (silly but feasible)

You could still use a key and have a switch so you could use a key or a push button. Be like a fuel cut switch like when you go away switch so the car wont start on the ignition but if your running around town it will. Cant be too hard to hook up.

JoKer said:

Missile rocket style switches FTW - remove key barrel all together

one for ACC, one for ON and one for show

rely on alarm for locking/imobilisation

no keys

hmm, seriously considering a missile switch or toggle switch for on and a push button start. would almost be like starting my motorcycle... :P

• General Member

product_9808.jpg

MISSILE LAUNCH STYLE TOGGLE SWITCH COVER - CARBON FIBRE APPEARANCE

Military-style missile switch cover featuring a red, heavy-duty hinged, spring-return protective cover. The cover fits onto heavy duty toggle switches...more...

product_5938.jpg

ROUND ROCKER SWITCH - RED ACTUATOR

This rocker easily mounts in a round 18mm hole.SPDT6 amps @ 250VACBlack body, Red actuator...more... [table][tr][td][table] [tr] [td]QTY[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr] [tr] [td]1+[/td] [td]$4.95[/td] [/tr] [tr] [td]10+[/td] [td]$4.45[/td] [/tr] [tr] [td]25+[/td] [td]$3.90[/td][/tr][/table] [/td][/tr][/table]

conveniently i have two empty spots for switches to the left of the steering wheel... one for engine run/off, one for a start button?

jake_the_muss said:

hmm, seriously considering a missile switch or toggle switch for on and a push button start. would almost be like starting my motorcycle... :P

Ive got something similar i brought years ago. havnt used it as off yet.

What does the s2000 Start button look like?

and for conprassion what do the wrx sti ones look like on the much newer model?

jaycar sell them, and they come with a plastic key thingy you can just leave in there if you want.

so you just unlock the car with an alarm remote, un-immobilize it, and press the button

pretty groovy ^_^

put it under your handbrake or in your glove box

Guest boostcut

why not just run a small push button from ripco and a relay(to save burning the poor lil guy out) and wire up yourself. it will probably cost you like 15 bux.

PUSSHUENJINSUITCHI

15,750 yen (15,000 yen excluding tax)

KIRESUAKUSESU & engine start switch corresponding to the vehicle-mounted push-push-start. Red Cherry Button Division, the center is "STI" directed to the sporty interior include a logo.

Vehicle Wear & KIRESUAKUSESU ※ Push Start