Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Price query - V8 STI

Ben

Hi all,

After spending about a year away from Subaru\'s and owning my current ride, a CL9 accord euro I am contemplating coming back to the dark side and purchasing another Subaru.

I am really in the market for a V8 or a V10 sti - in any colour other than black, standard-ish and in top condition both inside and out.

I have already owned a V7 WRX so if i was to buy another I would like to upgrade to something newer. My friend recently sold his V10 non-sti / NZ new / 2.5L which was a great car, however people seem to look negatively towards this motor?

After browsing TradeMe it appears im not going to get either of the above cars without forking out a rather large 19-25k. If i remember correctly this was the price of them a year ago!?

What sort of money do these vehicles actually sell for? Do people genuinely sell these vehicles or do they just sit listed for months? As far as I was aware nobody has this kind of cash to buy performance cars of this nature in today\'s economy.

What are your thoughts?

Wow that does seem a bit cheap, although given the kms and the paint needed to make it mint again (if your like me and would be that way inclined) it sounds about right?

In reply to the first post, yes your figures are what I have in my mind too. They haven\'t appeared to have shown any drop in price in the last 1-1.5 years? Strange - I wish I could say the same for my car!

Also to note when I say V10, i am referring to the eagle eye shape

• Admin

They\'re inching down - just because they\'re advertised at 18-month-ago pricing doesn\'t mean that\'s what they change hands for. Simon C eventually sold his Spec C for something fairly rude and Paul had to singapore-spec his before it got much interest. Likewise my cousin picked up a reasonable condition V7 for $10k.

Typical price these days I would say is V7 = 12k, V8 = 16-18.

IMO V7\'s are the value buying in the GDB range.

Ben said:

I have already owned a V7 WRX so if i was to buy another I would like to upgrade to something newer. My friend recently sold his V10 non-sti / NZ new / 2.5L which was a great car, however people seem to look negatively towards this motor?

The 2.5 is OK in isolation but a bit of a truck motor compared to a JDM 2.0L.

Have you considered an STI v9 ?

boon said:

They\'re inching down - just because they\'re advertised at 18-month-ago pricing doesn\'t mean that\'s what they change hands for. Simon C eventually sold his Spec C for something fairly rude and Paul had to singapore-spec his before it got much interest. Likewise my cousin picked up a reasonable condition V7 for $10k.

Typical price these days I would say is V7 = 12k, V8 = 16-18.

IMO V7\'s are the value buying in the GDB range.

Simon $1 reserved his so that didn\'t help, but yes they are inching down. It\'s quite silly how close v6 and v7 sti\'s can be priced

All very good points. I would have no problem purchasing a V9 STI, however there are not many around and they seem to be fairly closely priced to the eagle eye which i quite like the look of.

Ben said:

All very good points. I would have no problem purchasing a V9 STI, however there are not many around and they seem to be fairly closely priced to the eagle eye which i quite like the look of.

you need to look more closely the 2.5 eagle eyes are cheaper but the 2.0 jdm models are still closer to 30k. If you want a true picture on the issues of the 2.5ltr engine jump on scoobynet (uk) so so many issues with that engine. Wouldnt go near it (personally)

I think these cars are the pick of the bunch on TM atm

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/subaru/wrx/auction-534759734.htm

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/subaru/impreza/auction-541027255.htm

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/subaru/impreza/auction-518257600.htm

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/subaru/impreza/auction-507376617.htm

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/subaru/impreza/auction-538958629.htm

You should be able to pick those v9\'s at the yard for closer to 22k tho I think. they just are not changing hands for 25k, most of those I listed have been on TM for 3-6 months. No one seems to have big money around these days for performance cars , everyone is debt leveraged to the top.

I think the reason the V9 and 10 Sti\'s are up there in price is because theres few around and they cant be imported now, which drives up the price. Evo 8\'s and 9\'s are the same. Look at the likes of Evo 3s for instance, they are in the mid to high teens for prices for the same reason - not many around, especially nice ones, and theyre 15 years old! V7s on the otherhand, dime a dozen, and I suppose they dont appeal to as many people in the looks department, so not as sought after. As said they are definately the bang for buck of the GDB range. I dont think prices on the 8/9/10 will move much, keep an eye out though for people looking for a quick sale(ie going overseas or similar) and you might get a good deal !

optmspotts said:

From the look of TradeMe, Version 8s look 20k+ ???

Here was me saving up 25k to get one :P

nar man you will pick up a V8 sti for less than 20k. I would say 20k MAX more likly 15-18k. They are advertised for 20k but they are not changing hands for that

lunchie']

[quote name='Ben said:

/quote]

Oh hay, that seems ot be my old bosses car.

AdamOst']

[quote name='Ben said:

/quote]

was it munted or good?

Oh hay, that seems ot be my old bosses car.