Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Interesting Thread about Kinugawa Turbo's

Stoffa

There is posts from kinugawa denying involvement with any other manufacturers on various forums. They are theoretically better but same price as a murch td05/6 hybrid start to wonder why you wouldnt buy nz made closer to sort any issues you have and tailor made to your spec. People do see some good results but then people saw that out of the mgp ones coming through redline. I emailed asking mgp about an import order and what spec they were balanced to/wheel sizes etc and they had no idea. Bit scary but people were making 250-270kw atw with them no idea how long they were lasting.

good call man .

http://kinugawa.co.nz/product/td06sl2-25g-8cm-3-antisurge-subaru-turbo-single-scroll/

another thing i wonder about is the size and spec of this turbo and the claims it is rated to 2.8 bar (the bearings . no mention of compressor map) yet only rated 350-440 hp ?? is that at the wheels? at the brochure ? lol

yeah i really wouldnt buy a turbo from a supplier that couldnt provide a compressor map

http://www.kamakdynamics.com/profile/news.php?news_cPath=2

Quote:Originally Posted by quazimoto viewpost.gif Thats a pretty generalized statement since vendors consistantly sell genuine Blouch,Forced Performance,Garret,Mitsubishi and other turbos on da Ebay. Not to mention the Kingawa ones that uses Kamak parts everyone was claiming "cheap chinese crap" are actually pretty damn good. As far as I know the Arashi ones are using Kamak parts as well.

Arashi didn\'t made by us, we had tried to find whom spread rumors and keep all our rights.furious.gifBTW, kamak dynamics is a Taiwan company not China, we try our best to serve our customers. we had a service center at CA USA.kamak

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2307825

Not saying that this is an FP Green. Just saying it has similar parts. I am sure FP uses slightly different parts and does not just re-brand.However, you can tell from the ebay pics that the Kinugawa turbos are in fact made by Kamak. In the 240sx forum link you can see one of the turbos has a Kinugawa label on it instead of the Kamak label.At least they are not cheap Chinese turbos. They are the cheap Tawain turbos that some people thought were Japanese turbos. They sell well in Britain it seems. It does make me wonder if some of the USA guys are re-branding these as well however.Also, it seems people are having good luck with them on other platforms.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1824302

I was getting confused a lil. Theory of the internet is kinugawa=kamak. Arashi is not kamak according to kamak. Upon more research internet theory is that kinugawa are made in japland with kamak (taiwan) parts. Its really confusing :-\ I cant find a kinugawa website.

evowrx said:

There is posts from kinugawa denying involvement with any other manufacturers on various forums. They are theoretically better but same price as a murch td05/6 hybrid start to wonder why you wouldnt buy nz made closer to sort any issues you have and tailor made to your spec. People do see some good results but then people saw that out of the mgp ones coming through redline. I emailed asking mgp about an import order and what spec they were balanced to/wheel sizes etc and they had no idea. Bit scary but people were making 250-270kw atw with them no idea how long they were lasting.

ah really? better but same price as me? my upgrades are well under 1k and i use OEM parts not made in Taiwan

should i tell you all the about the kina turbos ive repaired due to manufacture issues and lack of turbo response from them to poor design and i buy parts straight from kina to repair them from taiwan the only turbo manufactures in japan that im aware of are MHI IHI and Garrett, and kina turbos arnt cheap for what they are so i would say nothing like me wouldn\'t you?

Sorry my post wasnt meaning theoretically better than yours steve I meant than the other chink stuff out there just wrote it badly. At the same price as yours its hard to justify was my point if you get my drift.

The kamak turbos are garrett price anyway for bb.

Do you do a holset that would work well with sti cams that I could bolt a garrett ex housing onto? That would save machining a housing etc. Didnt want to ask till I was ready to do something.

evowrx said:

Sorry my post wasnt meaning theoretically better than yours steve I meant than the other chink stuff out there just wrote it badly. At the same price as yours its hard to justify was my point if you get my drift.

The kamak turbos are garrett price anyway for bb.

Do you do a holset that would work well with sti cams that I could bolt a garrett ex housing onto? That would save machining a housing etc. Didnt want to ask till I was ready to do something.

all good :)

i can do a holset that will work with anything unfortunatly none of them are bolts for a sub but i can on some of the units machine them into garrett turbine housings the comp covers how ever are 200mm in dia and a 4" intake that cant be machined down any smaller due to the ported housing

Yea garrett do a bolt on housing for gt30 series was hoping that would work with something holset but theyre predominately big bastards arent they. Id be pushing to fit a comp cover that big where it sits probably need to remake twisted set up. Do you hold the td06/5 hybrids or make them as reqd?

johnny5']

[quote name='vorigan said:

trust apexi hks have allways used 100% oem suppliers

/quote]ie Mitsubishi,IHI,Garrett is that correct steve? or do apexi use KKK?

pretty much trust/greddy used MHI

HKS used garrett

Apexi used ihi

Blitz used KKK

• 2 weeks later...