Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Version 9 upgrades n stuff

Minaj said:

Get rid of the plastic turbo intake under manifold i found a big difference when i removed mine and upgraded to a bigger intake. It will spool louder.

Looking into this, trying to find a decent price/quality black one - those blue/red hoses look like they\'d stick out like dog\'s balls :P

Looks like a bitch of an install though (tehehehe punny)

Look on ebay.com.au - there is heaps of stuff on there much cheaper than local, even incl currency xfer and shipping, and its quite often name brand gear not just the usual m&h / scarles generic chinese stuff

Just one more place to waste money haha

optmspotts']

[quote name='Minaj said:

Get rid of the plastic turbo intake under manifold i found a big difference when i removed mine and upgraded to a bigger intake. It will spool louder.

/quote]

Looking into this, trying to find a decent price/quality black one - those blue/red hoses look like they\'d stick out like dog\'s balls :P

Dont get any slilcone intake bro, they just collapse under high boost. Mine was doing it a while ago so i upgraded to a 2.5 alloy turbo intake.

Minaj said:

Dont get any slilcone intake bro, they just collapse under high boost. Mine was doing it a while ago so i upgraded to a 2.5 alloy turbo intake.

Yeah, they do look like a right pain to install..........

My current head-sore is trying to figure out:

1. Whether a WRX cat-back will fit on STI of the same gen, and;

2. Whether I can deal with the noise / potential ghetto-factor of a 4" exhaust tip :P

buy the correct down pipe and have it fitted.

buy yourself one adrenalinR resonator and one large adrenalinR muffler/cannon and it comes out a very nice sound. not to raspy and not to quiet.

marky not necessarily when it comes to twin scroll. the wrx is still single scroll in wrx so DP likely to be different

funkytown']

buy the correct down pipe and have it fitted.

buy yourself one adrenalinR resonator and one large adrenalinR muffler/cannon and it comes out a very nice sound. not to raspy and not to quiet.

That\'s my thinking! And sell the single scroll downpipe as soon as it arrives..

Those AdrenalinR mufflers (some of them) look very nice indeed. I really like the rolled tip design. Does buying one of those mean I have to saw off the 4" canon from the axle back and weld it up? :P

Good thing dad is a blacksmith...

[quote name='funkytown said:

depends if the DPs finish in the same place right. taking a chance.

As long as the main shape of the cat-back is a fit for my STI, getting the downpipe to match up shouldn\'t be too much of an issue (touch wood)

Minaj']

[quote name='Minaj said:

/quote]

get a decent silicon intake and itll be fine . a cheep pos is a cheep pos :D nothing wrong with a silicon intake!

Keep a look out for a nice JDM 3in cat back second hand if you can- like Fujitsubo, HKS Silent Hi Power, or similar, theyre usually very well made and quieter than the cheap chinese crap.

Then get a 3in Rage front pipe fitted as well, and a good hi flow panel filter.

A Walbro or similar upgraded fuel pump, and if you can, do the parallel fuel rail mod, to keep the fuelling safe.

Then a decent dyno tune, and you should have a very responsive 200 kw at the wheels no worries, with lots of midrange punch, which is plenty on the road to have some fun.

And as said with the handling, upgraded rear sway bar, and sticky tyres is all thats needed IMO, the stock suspension is very good.