• Invercargill - Teretonga
    • Cromwell - Highlands Park
    • Timaru - Levels
    • Christchurch - Ruapuna
    • Palmerston North - Manfield
    • Taupo - Taupo Motorsprot Park
    • Auckland - Pukekohe
    • Auckland - Hampton Downs

ray yer it was something like 6k, and a bunch of members ended up putting in a bunch extra personally to get it over the line.

agree with your sentiment around N vs S.

also ross - yup your right, but the location of the event in part defines the list of the folk that can / will make it.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My 0 experience view is simply Where are more people based - cheap accommodation doesn\'t count for much if you only have half the numbers showing up at one place vs the other due to travel costs

Makes sense to meet in the middle, if people are going to travel why not make it relatively equal for all rather than the majority having to go the longest distance

funkytown said:

two viable track / locations, seems ok to split.

i share your point though that i\'d assume anyone voting for one, is still likely to go to the other.

Yea like voted seperate but counted together would be my thought?

It should also be noted (and im sure it has been) that last years MM fecking delivered and that Christchurch is current CS hotbed.

We would be mad not to continue to tap into this?

Thoughts?

Point is votes dont really mean jack without attendance.

I might want to go on track at Pukekohe and vote but chances of me making it there are zero.

Im not suggesting Christchurch - but I think other areas in the SI need some love.

Northland has no love shall we build a track? ;D

Was there a particular reason that MM was north 3x as opposed to 1x? Seems logical to swing it north to south yearly. If it was hampton/puke I would do everything in my power to get down there. Any further afield it turns into a massive deal. Chch from a web pov seems thorpy is making it a gold rush down there.

North MM then 6 months later South MM?

Following that line of thought - where is most attendance likely to happen?

Would more people travel from north to south than there already is living in the north - Auckland to chch is a massssive trip compared to say chch - palmy for arguments sake

enthusiasm has to be the proxy for attendance.

attendance is only measure on the day by all accounts once you\'ve picked the location. so the \'attendance\' thing is mostly pointless at this stage.

historically attendance around manfield has always been good, chch last year was good, taupo as good in 09 but less so \'11

• Admin

oh lets look at it this way. there are more members in the north island vs the southisland, but there are more inthused and active members in CHCH at the moment, this is swings and roundabouts. Wellington had its day, so did dunedin and auckland,

Previous MegaMeets have shown us that where ever the MM is held, that area shows increased actvity for the years directly following. (I\'ve said this before)

so looking at the fact that palmy/CNI has died, and Auckland is not far behind, it stands to reason we hold it in palmy/taupo/auckland to add a bit of fizz up here...

I also believe that if a 2nd consecutive MM is held in CHCH (as much as I\'d like to go) the numbers will not be as strong.

Share the love, is all i can say.

im pushing for Taupo personally (for obvious reasons), but palmy would also be ok. (my personal view)

over the last 5 years of being involved in the workings of CS there has been DAYS of discussion on MM location. especially the NI vs SI debate

most people have valid opinions but its the organisers that spend the clubs funds and are accountable

i can tell you its hugely stressful trying to balance everything. Simple answer to why the 4 out of 5 MM have been held in NI is, that\'s where the membership was.

Ruapuna was a gamble, also shoehorned by limited club funds and a moral obligation to the SI, promised previously.

i\'m pleased as, that everyone showed it can work. we decided that alternating events would be a good idea

however, you guys are forgetting our friends at DOBC are running Manfeild in September. there is already talk of a joint venture there, so why not have best of both? Manfeild in 13 and Levels in 14 ? financially its a good option

people will hang onto the fact MM was last in SI irrespective of potential DOBC alignment this year and thus wont get anything like NI participation, which then ends up being CH and a small wider contigent doing \'MM\' in the SI.. again.

which ultimately..

kamineko said:

its the organisers / committee that are accountable

so the wider club will wait with interest.

tough calls to make.

• General Member

Might be of interest to note DOBC Managed I think 16 Cars at a recent event at Manfield.

Some of those were CS cars but there was also a few with broken cars there to view. I would think the allure of a joint event should see 30+ Cars at Manfield fairly easily without factoring in the people who may come to watch. Not to mention an event like that wouldn\'t require CS or DOBC to provide any of the assorted people needed to control a trackday cutting both costs and volunteer commitments needed.