Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

v7 sti engine check light

I just brought a v7 2000 sti on the weekend and drove it back from Wellington to Auckland all fine. Then yesterday gave it a bit of s*** coming onto the motorway and noticed the check engine light flash on then straight off. Check it once I got home and was code 15, number 2 injector. Had a search around but can\'t find much about this code only about misfires same thing is it? Or is it faulty injector?

never seen that code come..hmm maybe unplug and clean inj plugs

also clean the big connector where all the loom wires connect - might have the dreaded oil leak in it

also maybe check plugs on the ecu side

i suppose if all that is fine then u cud do inj swap etc..

altho i have never seen a pink inj fail

boon said:

Don\'t they flash the CEL when they detect really bad knock? If you filled it with 95 on the way home it\'ll knock like a bitch.

nope not on the stock tune

there is a very specific aftermarket tune that does that but not if it was stock ecu or even mildly modified stock rom

• Admin

V7\'s run like a bag of shit on 95. They are pretty close to knocking with the standard tune on 98.

According to the interweb it may flash the CEL momentarily on a misfire.

I\'d get some good fuel in there and then slowly increase how hard you drive it until you have a degree of confidence as to whether it\'ll happen again.

on stock tune or modified stock rom there is no setup for cel on knock

it can knock hard and be heard but cel will be off

only once u have a modified rom (u need to ask your guy u got it off) then u will get that - but i highly doubt cos it wud knock a lot more on 95 than a random 1 off flash - think abt it...

on AFM - when they are packing up they read a lot less (as in their output voltage is lower for the airflow compared to normal) so the car will det a lot and eventually die (if the afm does not die before that)...

have logged this on a fair few cars and seems to be the way to catch a dying afm that wont put a cel cos the readings are still in spec - just a lot lower hence the engine underfuels and runs leaner than needed and thus knock

the cel might be unrelated to 95 i wud think..maybe get ecu reset and then run 98 and see if u can mimic the same driving condition on the same area and see if get it

clean the wiring etc well tho...

^ listen to sp00n... he knows...

to get the CEL on det, you need a reflash that is effectively a WRC group N tune, which has to be set up for each car individually, and a HUGE amount of tuning to get it to run well.

lots of bonuses to it though

there are a few guys up in auckland that can read and clear ecu\'s (myself included) but sp00n is the man when it comes to opensource roadtunes

kwi_fozze said:

to get the CEL on det, you need a reflash that is effectively a WRC group N tune, which has to be set up for each car individually, and a HUGE amount of tuning to get it to run well.

there are a few guys up in auckland that can read and clear ecu\'s (myself included) but sp00n is the man when it comes to opensource roadtunes

Amen to that

greg0r

Are you sure it was a code 15? And how did you get this code? on scanner or flashing CEL method.

Shouldn\'t (as the car is a 2000 V7) it be an OBD 2 code ie PO264 or PO265?

What code 15 means essentially is that the ECU has picked up a high or low resistance in the injector 2 circuit at any one moment of time. This can be caused by any number of things, but if the CEL didn\'t stay on then the fault cant have been logged for long. And if the code can be cleared and it doesn\'t return then that pretty much proves that there isn\'t anything seriously wrong...

In short I wouldn\'t worry unless it comes back.

yeah used the flashing cel. thats what i was thinking it might have been a previous code, cause thought it would only show if it was still on. Is the only way of clearing it by scan tool? maybe i get it cleared and if it does happen again check it

tebbyj said:

Are you sure it was a code 15? And how did you get this code? on scanner or flashing CEL method.

Indeed is def ODBII only - flash CEL method wont read codes you can understand

It will be 15th code on the diag chart if that was the method used

Eight dollar']

[quote name='tebbyj said:

/quote]

Indeed is def ODBII only - flash CEL method wont read codes you can understand

It will be 15th code on the diag chart if that was the method used

I dont even think they provide a diag chart anymore...

In the manual it only talks about using a Subaru Select Monitor or generic OBD scan tool to retrieve and clear codes.

johnny5']

[quote name='kwi_fozze said:

/quote]Amen to that

too kind guys..

but yea hopefully was nothing serious

see how u go after reset - before reset read the stored code anyway as that may be the clue to what caused it

i wud think its cam position sensor as that is a very common one to flash a cel especially if in the upper revs (5k+ rpm)

• Admin

Another chart from the interweb says

(in position 15)

PO108

Pressure Sensor Circuit High Input

Meaning overboost...

I\'d take it to someone who can get the codes off with a scanner or laptop, if you haven\'t already cleared it.

Going to take it to a.mate to scan tonight. But ill check the record on the boost gauge to

just checked the peak recall on the defi and came up with around 1.55, so think theres the problem