Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Vf30 vs Vf23

Pappu1

tydon said:

what about vf35? Vs vf23 and vf30

i orignally had that turbo but swaped it out for the VF23, its basically a VF30 with a td04L rear housing, made for really quick spool. I chose against it as the ecu wouldnt have been tuned for the 35. in some ways I regret it but happier now with the VF30

greatdanz said:

Ive just swaped a vf23 for vf30 in my gtb single. An its running the stock Sti ra v4 ecu, an i can say that its huge improvement got more down low power now all the way to the redline

really

i wud have imagined the 23 having better low end than the 30....

never compared them back to back unfortunately but ur insight points as the vf30 being better than a vf23 ??

maybe more into quicker spool and mid range rather than outright top end..

max 210kw@w on whichever it ends up to be...

SP00N']

[quote name='greatdanz said:

Ive just swaped a vf23 for vf30 in my gtb single. An its running the stock Sti ra v4 ecu, an i can say that its huge improvement got more down low power now all the way to the redline

/quote]

really

i wud have imagined the 23 having better low end than the 30....

never compared them back to back unfortunately but ur insight points as the vf30 being better than a vf23 ??

maybe more into quicker spool and mid range rather than outright top end..

max 210kw@w on whichever it ends up to be...

yup they were both running the same boost setting @16.7psi and I just felt the VF23 didnt offer the punch that the VF30 now offers. mind you the VF30 proberly suits the heavier car more than the VF23

My vf23 was quicker to spool than td04 both untuned. Try both back to back and use virtual dyno so we can see the diff. Im betting theres not a lot in it if its even noticeable. Journal vs BB but all the vf are so close all depends on tuner/dyno. Ive seen a sheet where vf28 made mid 230kw atw mind you 850cc injectors. Just get a vf24/28/29 you will see the result youre after. With tuning which Im guessing you will be you can run any turbo and have 20psi @ 3500ish with a fmic. AVCS and tmic would make that even quicker Id be guessing.

Nope stock V5 non sti, pod filter and 2.5" cat back. I was running 14.*psi with an ebc tap style so no d/c adjustment or anything purely an electronic bleed and external wastegate. More over the whole rev range and earlier imo. Ran pig rich on boost though well sucked a lot of gas.

evowrx said:

Nope stock V5 non sti, pod filter and 2.5" cat back. I was running 14.*psi with an ebc tap style so no d/c adjustment or anything purely an electronic bleed and external wastegate. More over the whole rev range and earlier imo. Ran pig rich on boost though well sucked a lot of gas.

Was sounding good until the sucking gas part :P Cool to know!

Depends how hard you drive I guess I only got it as I was getting a tuneable ecu. I wouldnt recommend a change in turbo if you cant tune it for obvious reasons. Actually thinking back I cant remember but I think I ran it with stock reg on VF23 then split rails and went to 1.7:1 reg later with same setup. That definitely had an effect on how rich it ran I thought it was a 1:1 when i put it on.

evowrx said:

Depends how hard you drive I guess I only got it as I was getting a tuneable ecu. I wouldnt recommend a change in turbo if you cant tune it for obvious reasons. Actually thinking back I cant remember but I think I ran it with stock reg on VF23 then split rails and went to 1.7:1 reg later with same setup. That definitely had an effect on how rich it ran I thought it was a 1:1 when i put it on.

I don\'t have any plans of changing turbos on this car. Just thought it was really interesting to hear a bigger/better turbo being quicker to spool than the mighty, tiny TD04.