Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

pink injectors low volts faults.

lostnzder

hello there, so currently my v7 sti is throwing a couple injector codes, 3rd and 4th injector low volts. I\'m wondering while I have them out to get them cleaned tested etc.is it worth de-capping them and can I get my standard ecu flashed to run the "larger capacity". and in doing this will my car run, to drive it to the tuner. I realize it will run horribly and drink the gas. but will it be drivable. also where\'s a good place to go in chch to do the tuning.

• 1 month later...

yes it will run to the tuner

decap them and drive very very gentle no boost whatsoever

it will be in close loop and fuel will be adjusted

have done this in practice and know it works...

once u at ur tuner they can reflash to suit (and kiwifozze posted - get a reflash done if u have some mods to go with it and make the most of the decap inj otherwise even on rich tune the pinks will get to 240kw@w)

just drive carefully and it will adjust ..if u boost or get the lad up on the engine then it will go on open loop which is where it will overfuel

My libero went from 380cc to 510cc. Wouldnt run on stock gsr ecu/afm just spluttercoughdie. If it does run like spoon says who wouldve tried it even at base pressure it will still flow massive figures. Its like a 50-60% increase roughly kind of a lot of fuel. I wouldnt even bother if stock turbo unless you have great aspirations ie: bigger turbo for your automobile.

He has a v7 Sti (based on the stock pink)

And it\'s Ecu will run the car in closed loop mode with Decap pink injectors

Both the cars refered above are old where the Ecu does not have such control over things as the v7 Ecu does

I have practically seen this happen in few cars and including a member car here

There is a big difference comparing v7 specific to older or crappy Ecu setup

There wud hav been a time I wud have been guessing it wud run crap but as stated Abt keeping it on no boost and low load aka closed loop and the car will drive

It\'s not ideal but if its short distances to tuner then yes it will be fine

SP00N said:

He has a v7 Sti (based on the stock pink)

And it\'s Ecu will run the car in closed loop mode with Decap pink injectors

Both the cars refered above are old where the Ecu does not have such control over things as the v7 Ecu does

I have practically seen this happen in few cars and including a member car here

There is a big difference comparing v7 specific to older or crappy Ecu setup

There wud hav been a time I wud have been guessing it wud run crap but as stated Abt keeping it on no boost and low load aka closed loop and the car will drive

It\'s not ideal but if its short distances to tuner then yes it will be fine

V7 still wont be able to cope with that much extra fuel in C/loop. The S/term fuel trim will pull the long term trim to the end of its trim

And will end up logging a code for AFR correction outside parameter if it stays running long enough

You just end up with bore wash - foulded up plugs, diluted oil , possibly also kill O2 (afr) sensors

I Have actually logged it on closed loop and was around 14.5 ish as per what it normally is

There is reason to have theories and all but practically that\'s what I saw hence the statement

As I said I wud have been in the same boat of thinking it wud over fuel but not what I have seen in reality

Once Again i don\'t recomend this long term but for the purpose of a short drive to the tuner is fine