Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

06 Legacy BP Manual - Sticy accelarator Pedal

allycat

Hi

Coming into work this morning sat in traffic for almost an hour, I started to notice my accelerator pedal becoming sticky.

When taking off in 1st gear it became hard too balance, you initially press the pedal and there\'s slight friction and then it over revs. I know this is not normal as it does not do it from cold and I don\'t want to be riding my clutch.

any ideas?

cheers

Marky said:

Take it back to the dealer let them fix it

I would - thats what you pay that premium for

One would think so, but soon as you sign on the dotted line it appears to be driver issues. I did address it with the dealer but they insist its a performance car and I need to get used to the SI drive settings and the throttle position. Apparently they have sold quite a few and say all are the same...

kwi_fozze said:

If memory serves, it\'s a drive by wire model, may need to lube up the control shafts?

From here, will investigate the pedal box this weekend and may just spray it up with some WD40, maybe will help until its service on Tuesday.

Update - Lubricated the pedal box for the accelarator seems abit better..

Took a drive to Puke yesterday, car is really good, suspension really soaks up bumps compared to airtrek, also it may be not as fast on take off compared to airtrek but makes up for this in ingear accelaration is awesome :)

Does any one know how to chnage the info from km\litres to litres per km in the intrument cluster?

cheers

Eight dollar said:

Most are Km /ltr until you get to MY08

as for the sticky throttle - is the pedal stiff ?

"fly by wire" systems are sealed units both at pedal and engine

Yes the pedal is stiff\firm quite annoying when in traffic as its hard to judge and you end up giving more revs than you need too.

Scoobydoo said:

When I had a sticky throttle on my old Legacy, it was the butterfly inside the throttle body itself sticking, due to the insides being dirty. Maybe check that if you can get to it and give that a bit of CRC treatment / clean.

I will have the service shop check it out tomorrow as it is going in for cambelt kit and service, if they not able to assist will attempt myself next weekend.

cheers.

jost said:

If you need a replacement i have a good used one for $75 delivered. Beats the hell out of the stupid money the dealers want for one. Is a complete pedal ready to bolt in, only takes a few mins to do it yourself.

Thanks I will keep this in mind :)