Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

ClubAuto insurance?

clintondane

Is there anyone on here that has insurance through ClubAuto, and if so how have they been to deal with come claim time? I\'ve had a policies with AMI, State and AA and Lumley. The only car claim I\'ve made was with Lumley years and years ago when a car of mine was stolen and burnt out in Alexandra.

Anyway, a driving conviction for careless driving a few years ago has me wondering about insurance and I\'ve been shopping around. Some places want to charge tons for insurance and then I came across ClubAuto, who even with my conviction etc are prepared to insure me for what I think is a good price. My question is has anyone made a claim through them and how were they to deal with? I worry when someone offers insurance at a good price irrespective of your past that when claim time comes round they\'ll be right pricks.

Any feedback welcome.

I\'ve been with club auto for awhile now, haven\'t had to make a claim but with all other dealings they have been great. Even when someone scraped my car in a car-park and i just managed to get there rego, Clubauto were happy to give me there details (even though they shouldn\'t have and it wasn\'t covered under my policy).

clintondane said:

Is there anyone on here that has insurance through ClubAuto, and if so how have they been to deal with come claim time? I\'ve had a policies with AMI, State and AA and Lumley. The only car claim I\'ve made was with Lumley years and years ago when a car of mine was stolen and burnt out in Alexandra.

Anyway, a driving conviction for careless driving a few years ago has me wondering about insurance and I\'ve been shopping around. Some places want to charge tons for insurance and then I came across ClubAuto, who even with my conviction etc are prepared to insure me for what I think is a good price. My question is has anyone made a claim through them and how were they to deal with? I worry when someone offers insurance at a good price irrespective of your past that when claim time comes round they\'ll be right pricks.

Any feedback welcome.

One thing that has annoyed/surprized me is the amount of/increase in insurance (with State) when l bought 01 Outback 2.5 , 4.5 years ago for $12K. premium then $500 + with $300 excess (twice as much as before with previous subaru)

l\'m 57 have a clean history with no crash claims/convictions/history with no claims while / since changing insurance to State in 02. last claim in 01 was with FMG for a windscreen with previous car.

So my question is that, Is my increased premium subsiding those insured with the more stolen / more likely to have an accident WRX/STI/RS-B4/GT\'/XTs

I asked a rep this and the answer I got that subaru parts were more expensive - I don\'t believe this.

Also guess you don\'t get what you don\'t pay for.

Stodart']

[quote name='clintondane said:

Any feedback welcome.

/quote]

One thing that has annoyed/surprized me is the amount of/increase in insurance (with State) when l bought 01 Outback 2.5 , 4.5 years ago for $12K. premium then $500 + with $300 excess (twice as much as before with previous subaru)

l\'m 57 have a clean history with no crash claims/convictions/history with no claims while / since changing insurance to State in 02. last claim in 01 was with FMG for a windscreen.

So my question is that, Is my increased premium subsiding those insured with the more stolen WRX/STI/RS-B4/GT\'/XTs

I asked a rep this and the answer I got that subaru parts were more expensive - I don\'t believe this.

Also guess you don\'t get what you don\'t pay for.

my excess (through state) is like $1500, regardless of if it\'s pinched or crash, managed to get a pretty up front guy on the phone when i rung them for my new car and yeah, one of the most stolen cars because of how easy it is to get in to them. 5 star alarm with multiple immobilisers can bring premiums down too

• General Member

I am with Clubauto, 1 minor claim (someone hit me in parking lot) and I have claimed 4 windscreens and 2 side windows between my two cars in 2 years with no questions asked and replaced same day in all cases. Thats impressive IMO.

I am however pissed off with there accounting atm. It just seems to be no sense to how they setup monthly payments and I highly suggest you keep track of your payments. To there credit they haven\'t argued when I have put them right but it annoys me I have had to tell them what I owe because they are wrong.

They used to be spot on so I\'m hoping its just a staff change teething issue.