Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

shiftlight

dubbedup

I'm doing a stealth install of a monsta tach w/shiftlight, (hiding the actual gauge in the glovebox or somewhere- just the shiftlight showing) what im wondering is, where is the easiest place to locate the revcounter wire? i'm assuming straight of the ecu plug....is there a wiring diagram on here? I did use the search function with no luck.

Thanks is advance.

download a manual for an apexi RSM or SAFC2 or something similar, they will have info on most car models. (take it from the ecu harness)

my brother was given a monster tach and he hid it in the glovebox, we put the shift light on his steering column.. just like what your doing.

subieboy']

For what car. model, year...

Ps Monster tachs are gay

opps its a 93 gc8.

[quote name='evlRA said:

i agree monsta tach's are EXTREMELY gay

just do what i did and get a shift light.. url]http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Car-parts-accessories/Performance/Gauges/auction-227038261.htm\[/url]

install that on dash or ontop of steering column and wire in

I also agree...hense the stealth install, already have a spare monsta tach, altho was thinking of putting the light into a vent so it just glows rather than getting blinded.

Guest loren
 BC5RA']

[quote name='loren said:

hell yes.

/quote]

Wasn't meaning yours, but i can imagine ;D

oh, wasn't sure, but thought I'd brag anyway :)

although it's not so much the speed it revs up, it's just impossible to watch a tach when full throttle through a corner :D

loren']

[quote name='loren said:

hell yes.

/quote]

Wasn't meaning yours, but i can imagine ;D

oh, wasn't sure, but thought I'd brag anyway :)

although it's not so much the speed it revs up, it's just impossible to watch a tach when full throttle through a corner :D

I can so agree with this even passing in second and hitting rev cut sucks

Guest loren
 al said:

Hmmm, you don't want to be hitting rev limiter or changing gear in a corner...

well out of a corner really. sounds less exciting though :P

does anyone have a pdf file or similar to show me which wire to get a feed for the tacho, ahd a wee seach but no luck really i think my ecu is a 4plug V1/2 wrx, will this be the same feed wire as a 89 legacy?

Guest keltik

Is it really that difficult to pick RPM by the sound? I know roughly when to shift in my car without looking at the tacho. Sure i might be 100 or 200 rpm out but does it really matter?

Even more rediculous is the stock shift light in later WRX's. Its so small you might as well just look at where the needle is on the tacho.

Guest loren
 keltik said:

Is it really that difficult to pick RPM by the sound? I know roughly when to shift in my car without looking at the tacho. Sure i might be 100 or 200 rpm out but does it really matter?

Even more rediculous is the stock shift light in later WRX's. Its so small you might as well just look at where the needle is on the tacho.

when you get a fast car you will understand. until then, continue to use the sound of the engine.

Guest loren
 keltik said:

Hey i had a fast car once!

seriously, when I'm racing I'm concentrating pretty damned hard. I used to forget to breathe even.

with a shift light there is one less thing to think about... hitting the rev limiter really sucks.

and it's not every gear change you need it either... just sometimes I forget.

When i'm racing i'm in the zone, nothing matters, not the Girlfriend, not the mortgage, not my crew, Nothing matters.

I'd feel the power tapper off quite suddenly and know it was time to change. I can see how people with power that pulls to redline need one though.