Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Looking for good mods

JND

What\'s the fuel like in NZ? Is it any better than Aus? The biggest problem with TT set-up is that they were designed for JDM fuel, 100-102 octane, and the de-tuning for lower grade fuel introduced torque curve problems. That\'s why the GDB STi conversion was the best option for them. Once the twins die it can get pricy to replace them.

If Subaru four pots are too pricey try a Foz XT or BP GT Spec B set up. More clamping pressure and bigger rotors than the four pots.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just want an enjoyable daily driver but if needs be, have the power to back it up lol. Yeah im looking at brakes and tires atm, also have my eyes on sway bars.

Not too sure about aus fuel I just use 95 premium at BP.

Would camber help much with handling? Was thinking maybe -2 on the front and -1.8 on the back??

JND said:

Just want an enjoyable daily driver but if needs be, have the power to back it up lol. Yeah im looking at brakes and tires atm, also have my eyes on sway bars.

Not too sure about aus fuel I just use 95 premium at BP.

Would camber help much with handling? Was thinking maybe -2 on the front and -1.8 on the back??

Do tyres first.

Then alignment - unlikely to get -2/-1.8 from stock suspension, which will max at ~ -1 front, less rear.

In any event so much negative camber is unnecessary in a daily driver.

Go for increased castor first, then play with camber, toe out to suit your driving style.

A good alignment shop should be able to sort you out.

evowrx']

[quote name='evowrx said:

Got a car pic? Then I know how to look out for when Im out and about.

/quote]

Why is camber in the factory adjustment range unsafe

dafuq u on willis?

Lol assumed you were doing the whole "what does your car look like so I can avoid it"

Nvm

Marky said:

There is no detuning for ours, we didnt get an nzdm model like the liberty - they are just the jap model straight off the boat

And they run fine on NZ fuel? Subaru Australia pretty much killed the BE B4 by detuning it. It\'s a shame as you can see how popular they would have been with sales of the BL/BP GT/GT Spec Bs. Still heaps of them running around here in Japan as well.

AdrianJD']

[quote name='Marky said:

There is no detuning for ours, we didnt get an nzdm model like the liberty - they are just the jap model straight off the boat

/quote]

And they run fine on NZ fuel? Subaru Australia pretty much killed the BE B4 by detuning it. It\'s a shame as you can see how popular they would have been with sales of the BL/BP GT/GT Spec Bs. Still heaps of them running around here in Japan as well.

Fine enough for the past 15 years or so anyway. Best we get is 98 octane and anything imported seems happy to make quoted figures and not ping on it, guess its near enough. Some areas still stuck with 95/96 and it does hamper some cars, some seem to cope fine with it

To OP the comment re increased caster is valid too, that gives a change you can feel in normal driving (the anti lift kit gives this - more caster - also). I had 2 deg camber at the front of mine with bolts and the rear just did what it wanted, think it was about 1.5deg just from lowering, never felt any difference just in road driving with heaps or none... did look better though haha

Ok I will check out tyrepower tomorrow. How do I upload photos? lol

Yeah I did mean with aftermarket suspension but if camber is unnecessary then I\'ll flag it lol.

Also have a question about flaring guards and putting spacers in ive seen a ton of wrx with this setup. Does this help with handling or is it purely aesthetic?

I noticed the difference I would definitely get an alignment just go for a bit more in the front than the rear. When I had more in the rear 3 degish I found if I nailed it to pass it would want to drive straight into the ditch when I pulled across the lane.

Heres a bit of an idea:

http://www.autospeed.com/cms/A_111375/article.html

Posting pics - photobuckets changed but same idea just looks different.

http://www.clubsub.org.nz/forum/index.php/topic,18296.0.html

I know a lad with a guard roller local so you just need a hair dryer and you can do the guards yourself.

If youre in town Im at work until 12 down lower dent st. Quiet morning so far and wagons parked outside so damn hard to miss.

That fmic is huge definitely plumb it in. Big fan of the late BD5 like this one. I only have my wagon at work 2 times a month max lol I should be around on thurs/fri tho. Spacers/adjusties suck just get some decent wide wheels and camber bolts save you megabucks and a cert. If you want a new swaybar or decent brake pads etc I can sort you out cheap as well dude. Good to see someone on here from whangas lol.