Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Have i Been ripped off on trade me ?

wrxv4

So I bought a v4sti gearbox off trade me with maching diff to do my manual swap. when I picked up the gearbox there was no id tag on the box witch had me a bit worried he assured me its out of a v4 sti low km etc etc so I handed over my cash and went on my merry way. pulled the box apart to make sure my diff ratio was correct and to just have a general look in there everything looks ok bearings gears syncro etc but I noticed the front diff is an open diff is that correct for a wrx sti gear box? also my ratio is 4.111 when I looked up the code he put on the trade me advert it comes up with 4.444?? The gearbox code he quoted me on trade me is ty752ybcaa. Also I pulled the rear cover off the rear diff to check all was ok and its an open diff to!! im pretty sure all wrx\'s are lsd rear? any advice would be handy cheers guys.

I though LSD fronts were almost impossible to find or something if even a factory option? Ive had V3 and 4 STI boxes both TY752VBCAA iirc both 4.444 and open front. Same ratios cept reverse as V5/6 non STI and obviously the centre diff change.

kamineko said:

only the V5/V6 STI RA V-Limited got helical front diffs. everything else pre bug-eye is open. so yeah, unless its been fitted aftermarket they are quite rare

Thats not true, They came out in the v4\'s as well, I have a ty752vb6ea that has helical front lsd from factory. You can also bet that if its got dccd gearbox its got a plated rear diff to go with from factory.

GC8E2DD said:

That gearbox is from a V4 V-Limited though yes? Certainly not your garden variety V4 STi/ Ra/ Type Rs unless it was a factory option (a factory option that bugger all people seem to have ticked).

Regardless of how many v4 have them doesn\'t extinguish the fact that they did come out factory in v4.. not just the v5-v6. Lets just keep it real aye! :P

well sure, but when talking blindly about what a model should or shouldn\'t have, we have to talk about the default factory package. not just what was available if someone had extra cash?

i\'ll have a look later to back up the v5/v6 claim. right now my flat is data capped :(

kamineko said:

well sure, but when talking blindly about what a model should or shouldn\'t have, we have to talk about the default factory package. not just what was available if someone had extra cash?

i\'ll have a look later to back up the v5/v6 claim. right now my flat is data capped :(

Take your hand off it buddy and be a bigger man and admit your statement is \'\'Wrong\'\'! :P

\'\'Quote: only the V5/V6 STI RA V-Limited got helical front diffs. everything else pre bug-eye is open.\'\'

Like i said that is not true. end of

hijacka']

[quote name='kamineko said:

/quote]

Take your hand off it buddy and be a bigger man and admit your statement is \'\'Wrong\'\'! :P

\'\'Quote: only the V5/V6 STI RA V-Limited got helical front diffs. everything else pre bug-eye is open.\'\'

alright, i was wrong. not sure what i was supposed to be doing with my hand though

• General Member
 kamineko']

/quote]

alright, i was wrong. not sure what i was supposed to be doing with my hand though

You cant just be wrong on the internet, the other person has to stand over you and roar like an impotent lion so every other boy on the internet knows how manly they are.

kamineko']

/quote]

See was that so hard.. lol (Ive deducted a karma point as well :P)