Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Poor Mans TT-T DP Conversion for EWG.

Rosssub

This is a BH5B TT Exhaust Manifold/Down Pipes etc. Both Up-Pipes removed:

Down_Pipe_TT_001.jpg

This is the Secondary/Drivers/VF27 Down Pipe, with Y Flange at the back end. So no good for a Single T Down Pipe:

Down_Pipe_Conversion_006.jpg

3.5mm Blanking Plate made from an old Skill Saw Blade, using Primary/Y-Pipe Gasket as a template:

Down_Pipe_Conversion_005.jpg

Blanking Plate fitted to Secondary Down Pipe:

Down_Pipe_Conversion_008.jpg

New Single Turbo Conversion Down Pipe, just need an Up-Pipe with an External WG:

Down_Pipe_Conversion_011.jpg

This is the Left Bank TT Header, no use because of the Primary Up-Pipe Flange:

Left_Bank_Header_TT_001.jpg

I made another Blanking Plate from the same Blade. Original Gasket re-used. Left Bank Header now suitable for Single Turbo Conversion:

Left_Bank_Header_TT_002.jpg

This is my new Single Turbo Manifold and Down Pipe, made from the OEM TT bits:

TT_Exhaust_001.jpg

Cost - $0.00

Time - 20min

Tools used - Grinder/10mm Drill

Exhaust Parts now needed for Conversion:

Up Pipe with External WG.

Hell, could even use the VF27 for "Sh*ts and Giggles". Also can all be done while fitted.

Any Non-Turbo Left Bank Header, should bolt straight to the OEM TT Manifold for Conversion.

Left Bank and Right Bank TT Headers, are a mirror image of each other, so flow doesn\'t really change at all.

8)

kwi_fozze said:

Could you not mount ewg into the left bank header that you blocked off, and pipe it back to the downpipe blank?

That downpipe looks almost ideal for an ewg recirc point!!!

Brilliant, I like it. Primary Header Flanged External Screamer, or Recirc WG back to Y-Pipe. ;D

Edit: Primary Header Up-Pipe Flange Bolts are 84mm C-C, with a 45mm opening.

Roo']

You won\'t need to add any extra flanges for screamer/recirc just hold onto your blanking flange for the downpipe and you will just have no pipe off the wastegate

So just EWG bolted straight to the Left Header? ;D

[quote name='lachlan said:

honestly there is no justification for doing this . go get a stock one for ten bucks . even at minumim wage its cheaper than the time you put into this

I\'m going Equal Length Headers. ;)

Just playing around really. Be good for those on a super tight budget, with no spare parts around.

only issue i\'m aware of if you were to go screamer off the headers (apart from the obvious po po attention, unable to get cert, pink sticker kinda stuff) is the really nasty pulsing of only half the exhaust gas, in pulses, being released. i think it\'ll sound like ass as a screamer, but if it works for a recirc, why the hell not?

I did exactly the same with my DP, but bought a flange to suit normal turbos, and cut the TT dp flange off and welded the new one on. I did however already have single turb headers, so little point in modifying TT headers.

Sent from a brick-through your window

Rangi I know. ;D Boredom provoked and it kept me entertained. As said I\'m using Equal Length Headers for my conversion. ;)

I was thinking more along the lines of someone in my boat. Small town, limited access to parts. Half way through a Conversion with no Turbo/Headers/DP.

Now I could get it running using original parts, drive from Greymouth to Christchurch, then fit anything readily available. ;) Leaving original parts in a scrap heap...Only ever intended as a temporary measure.