Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Can anyone I.D this lsd?

hijacka

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone can I.D this rear lsd centre.. its r180 diff.. cusco maybe?

Sorry the picture isn't the best taken through the filler hole lol

This diff bangs and pops on low speed turns when accelating only, Its not so bad when its cold but once warm its loud and makes the car surge like i don't know how to drive haha, performs well at speed.

tried replacing oil

from pro gear to castrol 85w-140 lsd oil made it abit better so thought i'd try motul 90pa.. still noisy so i'm going to try the redline lsd next but will run the motul for now

036_zpsd8268360.jpg

039_zpsbe531fc3.jpg

Anyone?

Hi clint, You need to delete all your messages lol, you can't recieve pms till you do, i just deleted about 2500 messages by 50 lots at a time was very stressfull haha! ''so annoying''the limit to the pms is 200 which isn't a lot especially when you want to refer back to something but can't.

Anyway enough whining lol

Edited by hijacka

Yes it is actually, I pulled the crown wheel out and the roller bearings fell out of there casings so was well and truly gone. I replaced the bearings with new ones cost 100 for both sides and resealed the pinion as it was leaking out the bolt thread if you remember,

I think the lsd is worn because the oil contains quite abit of metal flake when its been changed in very short intervals.

Thanks a slow reply is better than no reply lol, yeah i eyeballed the cusco one from online pics, looks very similar but can see it has 2 springs where as the cusco one looks like it has one spring?

boon said:
Scoob had a Cusco LSD that was knocky as hell until he put Cusco diff oil in it... just gonna throw that in there :)

I've got some redline oil in the post going to try that and find some friction modifier see if that helps, Do you know where he bought that cusco lsd diff oil from boon?

Not sure, im really thinking the centre part may be shagged aswell. redline diff oil 80-140 with additive doesn't help noise and vibration at all. heres some more pics from oil change today might give clues as to what it is? Anyone got a cheap r180 4.44 diff for sale?

20140516_151747_zps612589a8.jpg

20140516_151841_zpscdeba4e3.jpg

Yes its good deal for me mate, sorry bout that lol. Just the way it goes with change over junk but don't feel like its to much of a loss though,you did save $200 on new diff(cough cough) the crown wheel bearings wear very worn and that was causing the excessive back lash if you remember as we compared the 2 diffs on that day, It was so worn out the cage of the roller bearing fell apart when the crown wheel was removed. Also the diff has costed me extra 250 to get bearings sorted and thats with me doing most of the work apart from setting preload on pinion and removing bearing from crown wheel.

I'm happy to make good use of it now its fixed

Thanks bro!