Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Redline 3" Turboback - Experience?/Advice Appreciated

Tacoh

Hey everyone,

I was looking for an affordable turboback exhaust for my V5 WRX Wagon and I came across the Red line 3". I was wondering if anyone else uses this exhaust, and if so, what is your experience with it? I.e. how loud is it? Did you see many gains in terms of boost/spooling? I am currently running a td04 and heard an 3" turboback is only worth with a decent sized turbo . I will hopefully be putting in a vf22 some time in the near future so maybe then it will be fully worth it? If anyone has some advice it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Edited by Tacoh

I currently have this on my car v4 sti wagon - have a few pics if interested

The exhaust exits out on a mint angle (redline told me it was a straight exit exhaust - but the pics told me otherwise so went for a gamble)

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/subaru/other/auction-761220526.htm

It will be an upgrade over the factory exhaust on your car - regardless of what turbo you have

I installed it one night with a mate - the fitment is OK - only 1 mount which doesn't line up (gearbox mount on downpipe) - the sound is alright, I was going to chop the ****ty muffler off the end and replace it with a decent apexi muffler or something

Its not stupidly loud - its definitely louder than factory system - passed a WOF at AA recently (could hear them revving it to test the dB reading)

The actual quality of the piping is surprisingly good - was expecting rubbish welds and what not

Hope this info helps

Yeah that is helpfull thanks mate :) think I am probably gonna just go for it. Was gonna keep the silencer I currently have lying around just in case but seems like it won't be needed. Did you change from a factory downpipe to this exhaust? Did you notice a faster spool/ slightly more boost?

I had factory system. Then changed to 3" downpipe mating to the 2.5" factory system which was quiet as still. Then changed to this full 3" system and am pretty happy with it.

I run symms equal length headers aswell though. Not sure which would be louder. . Eql vs ueql headers

I doubt you would need the silencer

The car definetly felt better after changing the exhaust

Ive had the same exhaust on two of my cars, V8 and V7 STI.

Its not loud at all. A bit louder then stock obviously but nothing like a a full HKS or Apexi system. I was thinking of doing a straight 3" pipe without any resonators or muffler just for ****'s and giggles lol

I now have equal length headers and 2.5" up pipe on v7 its noticeably louder mid/high rpms.

kris_pran said:
Ive had the same exhaust on two of my cars, V8 and V7 STI.

Its not loud at all. A bit louder then stock obviously but nothing like a a full HKS or Apexi system. I was thinking of doing a straight 3" pipe without any resonators or muffler just for ****'s and giggles lol

I now have equal length headers and 2.5" up pipe on v7 its noticeably louder mid/high rpms.

Hahaha my next exhaust is going to be a 3" straight pipe with nothing else - I will however make the rear section changable with Vband (so i can put a quiet section on if need be)

I have the redline on my Type R and is nice and quiet but has a nice beat. That was on stock headers but it will be interested to see how it changes with the Xforce headers..

Had a 3" straight pipe on my old legy that we made at our flat.. made it as straight as we could and jesus the thing was SO loud. Through very large flames too.

zTdJ6RG.jpg

scoob said:
I have the redline on my Type R and is nice and quiet but has a nice beat. That was on stock headers but it will be interested to see how it changes with the Xforce headers..

Had a 3" straight pipe on my old legy that we made at our flat.. made it as straight as we could and jesus the thing was SO loud. Through very large flames too.

zTdJ6RG.jpg

Did you buy that from a lad in whangarei by chance?

Im running this exhaust first mod ever done on existing car also the most ill fitting exhaust i ever fitted had 3 mounts that didnt line up and it was to short by 100mm due to the down pipe flexi being welded slightly off line aiming down i didnt change it cause my mate got it trade price and i didnt wanna **** him round changing it so I went to Papakura mufflers to modify it. So Buyer beware if the fit aint right take it back.. On the bright side power gains good the sound is a bit rasp being Stainless and I set off alarms everywhere never had a subie that didnt though.

scoob said:
Sure did, man it was set up nicely. Was a great car to drive but unfortunately I had to move it on. Seems to have been through two more sets of hands already. hate to see what condition it is in now :(

Used to park outside work most days was pretty tidy for an old car. Wanted way to much tho imo.