Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

loud ExhausT Fix .. maybe

77906835.jpg

This maybe could solve the nosey BR exhaust issues.. I should of said, this could the end for the nose testing on exhausts. I may consider one if I get pinned for a loud exhaust, yet at 400 to 500 bux there up there, possible worth it, though still cheaper than a HKS etc etc

But I can't see the average BR going out and spending 4 to 5 spot on a exhaust tip.

But seems to do the job.

-------------------

Redline have them. (The sales pitch): XForce stainless steel electronically adjustable muffler. Designed to open or close valve that is built into the muffler for noise/flow change

(The link) http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Car-parts-accessories/Performance/Exhaust/auction-229937772.htm

(The Video)

DRFVDR']

if it is adustable from inside the cabin then sorry it is illegal AFAIK I had something similair on my RX and got failed for a WOF because of it

I see technical issues there.. yes it is adjustable from inside, via remote, because your inside the car. but I don't think there a hard wire switch inside the vehicle, might ask Redline, unsure if it has one or not.

I suppose you don't need to hand over the remote at WOF time either, so how would they know?

[quote name='nztintin said:

yup easily modified so FAIL

Snip

guttered if that's the case, dam laws

Ain't it FUCKED up, you can have a road legal car (which is stripped out and has a full roll cage, race seats and full harnesses fitted) but you can't have a muffler which will pass a noise test because it can be adjusted to be louder... ???

You'd think the Government would have more important things to worry about... :-[

DPI said:

Ain't it ****ED up, you can have a road legal car (which is stripped out and has a full roll cage, race seats and full harnesses fitted) but you can't have a muffler which will pass a noise test because it can be adjusted to be louder... ???

You'd think the Government would have more important things to worry about... :-[

That is one retarded answer lol, majority of stripped out vehicles with rollcages etc are built for a reason, ie rallying, track etc. They are allowed so everyone can get into motor racing without getting a tow vehicle/trailer.

Noise is the biggest problem here in chch, as has been unamiously agreed upon by all groups. Very very rarely do u see cars with rollcages around cruising all night long haha. And to top it off the cops pick up on the guys with cages etc pretty harshly so u need to have ur paperwork up to scratch for it. Also u must attend races, have a logbook and keep it all handy, whilst an exhuast u just weld on and BAM thats it.

Comparing noise, to the likes or rollcages is one hell of a misguided comparison to make. At the end of the day, do u need a big bore... NO!. However if ur racing do you need a rollcage..... YES! Reason government is worrying about it, is becase of everyone out there talking about it and pushing it, all those people who go on and on about noise, the people that are kept up all nite long due to exhausts have spoken out about this. Unfortunately we are a minority in regards to exhausts and all.

That's a bummer really .. if it's FAIL it's a FAIL .. sad but true..

I think there Aussie made so the adjustable exhaust laws there must be sweet, nice to see someone gave it some thought.

DRFVDR said:

they will see that it is adjustable when under the car and will fail it regardless of what it does

I think if one was that desperate to fit one and took the effort to conceal it, it may work or just don't go to the VTNZ test stations, but at least it will keep the neighbours happy.

Ive got one on my car and it passed no worries. Really depends on how pricky you wof guy is.

no hardwire switch either by the way, and the range on the remote is so pathetic you have to practicaly hold it right next to the receiver, which in my car is in the boot hooked directly to the battery.

maybe this is just me......

but isnt the whole point of this so that your exhaust is loud during 99.9% of the time and quiet during wof time/pulled over time????

Guest boostin

It may be. I'm just pointing out that it is legal if the loudest setting is below the limit. Just in case anyone is wanting one but decided against it cos they think it is illegal in NZ.

Guest loren

I want one so I can have a loud obnoxious car when racing... the amount of people who

comment at races that my car is the "quiet one"... :'(

easiset and probably the best way is to have a replacment rear pipe with no muffler BUT there is still a noise limit on the track methinks it is 95db as well(not sure if it is all classes ) it is part of the tracks licence

Guest loren

that's a great idea :)

may not be too practical since I drive to the track... might try it out though, will be cheap as chips.

Guest boostin

It might be easier to do the mid and rear section as one. There's no gasket to destroy at the flexy joint by the rear of the gearbox.

Unless you have an aftermarket exhaust with a bolted flange rather than the flexy....

Guest loren

the exhaust I have at the moment is a rage downpipe followed by a one peice jap system,

which has two resonators and the rear muffler... not sure how much the resonators

would quieten it down, and if it would be really loud by just removing the rear muffler...

probably loud enough though.

what's this muffler you speak of keltic?

Guest keltik

Its Jareds old one, he ripped the guts out of it so its just a hollow can. Slightly louder than having no rear section at all. Its got pipe and hangars on it already to suit my car. Probably wouldn't take much hacking to make it fit yours.

This is the noise it makes with a fully stock system

Heres a pic;

biiig.jpg

Its yours if you want it.