Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Trademe Cannon Exhausts... Good? Bad?

Hey guys,

So I'm looking at doing a catback system on my STi Foz and have jacked a deal to sort

Out a 3" mild steel catback system IF I provide the cannon for the end.

I really like the look of the burnt blue tips and have found a few 'no name' cannons

Fitting the style I'm after - 4" out with a 3" inlet.

Will I find much of a difference (sound and quality) between one of these $99 trademe jobbies and something like an HKS or RPS tip or something like that?

Obviously I'm trying to save money but if it's going to be utter crap then I'd rather

Save a bit more for a higher quality product.

• Admin

I got an X-Force 3" stainless exhaust, has one of those cannon mufflers. It's loud as f*ck. Both the muffler and resonator you can look straight down the middle of... they might to something but it's basically a 3" pipe with some funny bits hanging off the sides.

@boon - I would buy xforce but I found them really pricey. It was going to cost me somewhere around the $1000 region

which I'd be happy to pay but I know there are cheaper options available that will give me a very similar result.

@scoob - I did see that link, might go that way and get one from them, sounds nice on your car too!

For those interested here is the cannon I came across... http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/performance/exhaust/auction-841496307.htm

Guitar_Guy said:

I went and saw this in person but the lip that is on the end of the actual muffler overhangs heaps and decided against it as I thought it looked horrible! go and see it before you buy it

• 3 months later...
 B4 I was 250T said:
Hey guy, I got an Adrenalin R off trade me. Set me back $280 odd but is an awesome muffler. 3 in inlet and 6in outlet. I believe they do a 4in out as well. Timmah got one too. Great looking muffler, NZ company. Highly recommend :)

Hey mate have you got any pics of fitment? im thinking of grabbing on of these but with a longer tip. kinda sceptical on the 6in outlet so would be sweet to see it fitted. i think the Genome i had was near 6in out and it looked fine. Also whats the sound like? i realize sound is not all up to the muffler but still would be sweet to hear some feedback on quality of sound/drone and build etc .

I ended up fitting a Genome muffler pretty happy with it, adds a bit of noise but its really quiet when cruising, nice compromise as I wasn't going for power increases or anything and no complaining from passengers about annoying drones and the like.

So you never ran the AdrenalinR? They look like quality units but im just toiling over one of their cannon shaped mufflers or just get a cheaper high flow conventional 3inch muffler. Drone and cruise noise is the bane of my life...

ADIKT; is yours an Xforce from Redline?

evowrx said:
Bro fitted one on weekend sounds fine. How was fitment?

Gearbox mount is a good 1 to 2 inches away from the gear box - needs extending or a long bolt with spacer.

Had to bend one of the mid section tabs to meet exhaust mount (pair of beefy pliers)

Apart from that it was all good.

I still haven't bothered to mount it to gearbox yet

B4 I was 250T said:
Sorry I didn't get back to you man frown.png The sound is great. Will post a pic tomorrow if ya like?

Yaa common man i cant wait all day its been like 2hrs :P

Haha a pic anytime will be sweet mate, no rush just keen to know what you think of it.

• Admin
 ADIKT said:
I've been told by a couple mates that it sounds all good. I'm still not convinced

Drive it through a tunnel with the window down.

I used to think mine sounded kinda poos but then I gave it arseholes through a little tunnel in Welly and changed my mind.