Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Hory 'Hogzaust' gets the thumbs up

tweedo

Hey all,

For those who haven't heard of this, all it is is putting washers between the midpipe and muffler flanges to effectively create an 'exhaust leak.'

So this morning I did this on my BP5 GT and I have to say I am actually rather impressed with the result!

I have been tossing up between getting a custom made or prefab setup but because of these cars having 2 mufflers it was going to be a $500+ job either way so thought I'd give this a go to see whether I could stand the extra noise before taking the next step.

It has really just given a louder and deeper tone across the rev range.

At idle and cruise it gives a nice low, discrete note but when you get up it it really barks at you and sounds dam good (in my opinion) with a similar sound to factory, just a little louder.

I know there's going to be haters on this but for the 8 washers (80c worth) and 15mins it took me to do, I'm more than happy with it and would recommend it to anyone thinking of spending up large on a pair of mufflers just for a little more noise.

loner']Hey mate, you should have spoken up sooner. I could have told you how to get an exhaust leak for free.

I can't believe that you paid 80c for one.

Really? Does it involve a drill? haha

[quote name='evowrx said:

Just for clarity thats an illegal exhaust leak...

And yeah I realise that too man, but easily reversible if need be.

Joker said:
and dangerous, let us know when you get light headed on the freeway

Yeah I did worry about that... went for a decent drive earlier, through town and motorway, and couldn't smell anything though.

Maybe it won't last this way for long at all...

I knew there was going to be haters and yes it is a retarded thing to do but I just didn't want to spend all that money to find I didn't like or want the extra noise that aftermarket mufflers would create.

But the beauty of this is it is easily reversible and at least now I know that I would be happy with a louder system I can go that way.

• Admin
 lachlan said:
its no worse than anyone with a screamer pipe ffs u lot

Screamer pipe on street car = embarassing

Most cock-heads that run them have about 4psi wastegate springs too so they're RFB hack'n down the road at about 14kph. Because who needs to make power when you can make an obnoxious amount of noise instead.

hijacka said:
As long as you are happy with it thats the main thing as you are obviously the owner/driver

Not sure if you picked the right place to promote it though lol.

But you obviously know that already

Yep... Big mistake there haha but ohwell live and learn