Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Upgrading injectors

nztintin

hijacka said:
Five0motorsport for match set of new jecs injectors from memory there 850cc sidefeed(p2) are about $500 landed.

Sell your yellows for 150 and buy new.

Think i read in other thread awhile ago Tony wasn't doing it anymore?

Still need rails/mani so adds up. Their machine was down ages ago but he should see this anyway. Going to v1 mani gives bit more top end too. Also easier to flip for fmic.

evowrx said:
Still need rails/mani so adds up. Their machine was down ages ago but he should see this anyway. Going to v1 mani gives bit more top end too. Also easier to flip for fmic.

No, these injector are same fitment as subaru ph2 injectors.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-850cc-SIDE-FEED-FUEL-INJECTORS-Subaru-Impreza-WRX-STi-FLOW-MATCHED-SET-/271125888834?hash=item3f205cbf42&vxp=mtr

If yellows are that great capped then why you not run them?

Also five0 conversion ph1/ph2 kit works well if you can't be stuffed changing mani.

Optical said:
Qwerty used these things to fit phase 2 injectors http://www.carldavey.co.uk/product.php?id=2

Could do that and fit decap v5/6 yellows..

Alternatively I need to change intake manifolds soon probably to a top feed injector type one so my Sard 800s and rails will be surplus. Wont be for a month or two though.

Carl Davey is no more.FWIW you can buy his products from http://asperformance.com/

I haven't used the carl adaptors before just five0 and they work mint.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ADAPTER-KIT-UPGRADE-Side-Feed-Subaru-EJ20-EJ22-Fuel-Injectors-6061-Aluminum-/370717875622?hash=item565081dda6

God dam our LOw $$

wow those adapters are frekn pricey for a machined bit of metal lol. 124usd = 190nzd +50 shipping!! Ouch! Makes them uneconomical to purchase compared to new injectors eh...

v3-4 yellows are phase one and cannot be decapped

v5-6 yellows are phase two and can be decapped (not easy)

Injectors are slightly different size and require the correct rails to fit the manifold. You may be able to match an old non turbo rail to your manifold which will accept the larger injectors(as some old non turbos use phase 2 injectors for some reason). Just make sure you check fitment before buying - as I found non turbo rails didn't fit on my phase 1. Worth checking the flow rate of both before use.

This link will help you

http://www.carldavey.co.uk/article.php?id=4

my 2c is upgrade to top feeds and get a new plenum

Edited by slystiguy

Ive decapped both its easy just have patientce with yellows. Correct p1 yellows cannot be decapped but you can swap from v3/4 to v1/2 which take v5/6 rails and the decappable yellows.

If youre going to swap to top feeds buy aftermarket rails and use pinks. If you need more later decap or buy ev for 400 odd buck.

Sorry to hijack...but does anyone know where to source well made/named top feed conversion kits like the carl davey kit? To suit v3/4 mani.

Im currently running FiveO JECS sidefeeds with the adaptor kit above and i have nothing negative to say about the kit

Optical said:
Qwerty used these things to fit phase 2 injectors http://www.carldavey.co.uk/product.php?id=2

Could do that and fit decap v5/6 yellows..

Alternatively I need to change intake manifolds soon probably to a top feed injector type one so my Sard 800s and rails will be surplus. Wont be for a month or two though.

I could be very interested. You have PM.

Ninja8) said:
Sorry to hijack...but does anyone know where to source well made/named top feed conversion kits like the carl davey kit? To suit v3/4 mani.

Im currently running FiveO JECS sidefeeds with the adaptor kit above and i have nothing negative to say about the kit

I have just finished converting my V4 Sti to top feed using a conversion kit I got from Tuspeed in Aussie.

The kit worked pretty well, just needed to use some extra washers and a M8 nut as a spacer.

I have a spare Carl Davey kit but not sure if it will fit as it doesn't seem like it will fit my car.