Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×

Twin turbo wrx

friend was saying there was a rexy getting around running a 2.5 with twin td04's.

Cant find any info, can someone point me the right dirrection??

Guest keltik

Prova Legacy runs a EJ25 with parallel TD04's

not aware of any WRX running that setup. I have however heard of a WRX running a turbo EZ30

Edit: Joker beat me to it

Swindog said:

how would a 3.0 flat 6 handle being boosted?

I will let you know in a month or two.

About to twin turbo my H6 stock motor running 10psi.

I was going to go a GT35R + Tail 44mm gate. but when i can source TD04's for $100-150 each, it makes it alittle more practical on the hip pocket. Plus i will be doing all the fab work myself. STi's wont know what hit them once my outback pulls up next do them.

Guest keltik
 nt_a_foz said:

theres a turbo ez30r coupe here in tauraunga race car/rally car though haha..

Ah the one from PF Automotive - thats the one i was thinkin of

keltik']

[quote name='nt_a_foz said:

/quote]

dont think its that one..think that might be a differnt one again...

nt_a_foz']

[quote name='nt_a_foz said:

/quote]

dont think its that one..think that might be a differnt one again...

The one at PF Automotive is the one that Roestenburg used to drive. I'm guessing the one Brad is thinking of is the one that Dave at DTech is building?

there's a build thread on nasioc of some guy in the south island building an h6 turbo motor. Lost track of where he was at though... huge $ to get it to handle anything approaching decent power. i'd just work an ej257 to be honest, awesome engines.

Optical said:

there's a build thread on nasioc of some guy in the south island building an h6 turbo motor. Lost track of where he was at though... huge $ to get it to handle anything approaching decent power. i'd just work an ej257 to be honest, awesome engines.

Hes still working on it... I had got a chance to pop in and have alook at it.

He was only working on the body. and motor was packed away

Guest boostcut

gregg mcnabb from southern ocean marine in tauranga is building a coupe with a twin turbo? h6. 850 hp etc etc half of the car is carbon fibre

Optical said:

Pistons are 600, rods are 800, bearing are 200, sleaves are 800. $4.5K and you have a bullet proof bottom end.

Perrin made 400hp atw with just slugs on the stock H6 motor running 16psi through a GT35R with .82 rear. ;)

They are not that hard to make power from. No different to a 2.5, but with alot more flow.