Subru

Oil changes for my car

Probably, although the mx5 is a stock internal engine, turbocharged with twice the factory hp whereas the STI was bone stock everything. But yeah completely different engines so not really compatible, was more just the irony of the one i spent money on good oil/OEM filters etc was the one that blew up.

On 15/09/2017 at 10:21 AM, AdamOst said:

The only engine ive nuked is also the only engine that ive run on synthetic oil :P, my STI. My 3 tracked mx5s all run generic castrol mineral oil without issue so far at least. Mechanic just said change it regularly and itll be fine, so i just put fresh stuff in every 2 or 3 events.

my logic, i change mine 500-1000ks but ive only done 2100ks on the engine so ill switch to synthetic next oil change as rings have set. 

10,000km intervals on full synthetic here.  Something in the 5w-40, 10W-30 range.  Personally I like the Penrite range.

If I was using a cheaper semi synth then I would go closer to 5000km but decent fully synthetic oil can last the distance.

Legacy TT @ 215kms and still going strong.