SuperS0nic

HELP NEEDED: GG9 Trans Conversion

I am trying to wire up the speed sensor and ground the ECU pin on my 2000 GG9 Impreza (EJ204). I can't find a wiring diagram that tells me which pin I need to ground to get the ECU into manual mode. I also need to wire up the speed sensor from the new trans which is a 2001 WRX box with the 3 pin connector. Can anyone provide the info I need? Cheers

There is a link in this thread to one for a v7 sti, it may be similar but there is likely a lot of differences so take it with a grain of salt.

Edit: I had a look through it, it appears there is a wiring diagram for the inhibitor switch operation in there so it should be able to help you solve your problem. As always try to verify that this information is identical with what is on your car before you start grounding random wires.

Edited by IZichard

Hey mate, look at page WI-68 (wrx) or WI-79(n/a) of the service manual I PM'd you the other day. that gives you the pinout of the speed sensor and how to connect it to the cluster. WI-69 shows the pinout and connections of the inhibitor switch and starter interlock. 

I've historically left the auto ecu in and just jumped the TCU to park at the trans end of the connectors, not sure how well it works in the newer cars.

1 hour ago, mitch8198 said:

Hey mate, look at page WI-68 (wrx) or WI-79(n/a) of the service manual I PM'd you the other day. that gives you the pinout of the speed sensor and how to connect it to the cluster. WI-69 shows the pinout and connections of the inhibitor switch and starter interlock. 

I've historically left the auto ecu in and just jumped the TCU to park at the trans end of the connectors, not sure how well it works in the newer cars.

Forgot to update but I got the speed sensor done. Still gotta do the ecu but I haven’t got around to it yet :)

• Like 1