SuperS0nic

Short block help

I was wondering if anyone had experience rebuilding short blocks. I've pulled apart one but not knowing the best way to separate the halves, I use a flat head screw driver to split the block and it has left a few small marks on the edge of the seal. Just wanting to know if its require to have the faces resurfaced or if a bit of light sanding to flatten it a bit plus the liquid gasket sealer that goes on the face will be sufficient to reseal the block when it goes back together?

It was stuck together pretty tight. Its an EJ204 block and my plan is to put EJ205 internals in it since its the old motor from my car and the bores are in good shape. The crank that came out was mint and its tidy inside so is it possible to reuse crank bearings or is it better to replace them along with the seals?

I would definitely replace, bearings don’t cost much, are you going to get the crack etc checked out? Depends why your pulling it apart, what happened to it?

Was suspected to have spun a bearing but that obviously isn’t the case so have no idea what actually went wrong with it. It’s a low km block so I want to put ej205 internals inside and boost it and put it back in my car. Then do all the wiring stuff

Is someone able to point me in the direction of those small rubber seals that I'll need to replace that go in the centre of the block?