RockyxXx

Short shifter for WRX 2018

@KiwiJoe has the short shifter plate on his so can probably tell you where he got it from.

On 7/20/2018 at 6:51 PM, KiwiJoe said:

I put in the remaining stuff I bought: a Boomba short shifter plate, a Perrin steering dampener lockdown, and a Perrin brass shifter bushing. The dampener lockdown is probably the easiest piece I've ever put on, and literally took five minutes. The brass bushing would also be pretty quick, but means detaching the shift cable and the bushing cover. The Boomba, on the other hand, was an absolute bastard to put on as it has the plate has a heat shield on it that you have to take off, with a hidden bolt tucked way up high next to the transmission, and a roll pin that just didn't want to come out. For good measure, I also cut my hand on the exhaust heat shield. Again.

Here's the factory and the Boomba side by side. The boomba is more than twice the thickness (which you can't really see in the picture) and weight:

EImaoXG.jpg

I'm happy with all of them, but surprisingly the one I think makes the biggest different was the easiest one to install: the dampener lockdown. I would definitely recommend it.

I got the plate from Subispeed in the US. You can also get an actual short shift kit from several manufacturers, or an official STI version, but those will be a mission to get in (Google to see what I mean). The Boomba plate is relatively straight forward.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By brocka101
      Just seen someone selling a 2007 Legacy GT Spec B 6 Speed Swap so Axles, Driveshafts, Subframes, Diffs the lot. Now what I want to know is am I correct in saying that this drivetrain is the same as the WRX STI of that year and if so would this be an easy swap into an 01 WRX? 
    • By Jaycouveld
      Hey guys so after months of a headache with my wrx I've decided too come here and see if anyone has experienced what my cars doing. So resently my 1996 wrx gc8 type ra. Has a check light issue. Everytime I start the car check lights on. And stays on. If I let the car warm up for 30min minimum. Then turn the key off then back on quickly check light disappears and wont return untill I turn the car off for longer then 5min. Have done a diagnostics check and came back with error codes 24 44 and 45.

24 idle air control sensor. I have replaced no change at all.
       44 turbo wastegate regulator and 45 map sensor. I haven't replaced these two as of yet as I'm not sure why when the car is cold it would effect these two sensors? 

Have noticed today when I first started the car I made sure check light was on then turned car off connected the diagnostic plugs under the dash and anyone who has done this will no that the fans ect will all come on going thru their test cycles. Well when cold and check light present the wastegate pressure solenoid does nothing.

But after leaving the car to idle for 30min then getting the check light to turn off. I quickly turn car off connected the plugs under dash and the wastegate soilenoid now clicks loud and fast as it should. Sorry for the long write up guys but surely someone can help me out?

• By 312REP
      Hey anyone got 01-02 wrx wagon front gaurds and rear bumper. Pref in the navy blue colour. Have cash based in auckland
  • Recent Status Updates