Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×

BL5 E throttle issue

Hayks

Hi all so i have an issue with my car. It had been re flashed with manual boost controll bleed valve before my ownership. It used to spike to 1.3 bar then settle to 1.1 bar and taper off to .7bar after 5.5k rpm. I put in an ebc to try stop the boost spike and succeeded. Now the first couple pulls i did it held 1.1 bar boost all the way to red line. Now it doesnt do that after 5.5k rpm the boost tails off again but even worse now down to .3 bar? So im wondering if theres a safety in the ecu maybe that can make it pull throttle out to drop boost?

• Admin

Yea the ECU can do various things to pull the boost back depending on what it thinks the problem is.

Are you talking about a standalone EBC or just an electronic solenoid controlled by the ECU?

if standalone that's probably another bad move. The ECU will be having a hissy at the weird changes it has been seeing and that nothing it does to try correct things is working. Plus the tune will be set up completely wrong for what boost can be seen at any particular point.

The best thing for these cars is to replace the stock solenoid with a 3-port one and get a decent tune. Manual and standalone electronic setups just make a mess of things on these cars.

On 28/05/2019 at 11:23 PM, Andy_Mac said:

Yea the ECU can do various things to pull the boost back depending on what it thinks the problem is.

Are you talking about a standalone EBC or just an electronic solenoid controlled by the ECU?

if standalone that's probably another bad move. The ECU will be having a hissy at the weird changes it has been seeing and that nothing it does to try correct things is working. Plus the tune will be set up completely wrong for what boost can be seen at any particular point.

The best thing for these cars is to replace the stock solenoid with a 3-port one and get a decent tune. Manual and standalone electronic setups just make a mess of things on these cars.

Yea im not to sure why it had a manual tee in it to be honest but i think if thats the reason its doing it i may go back to the tee as it run fine as it was with the tee. The tee naturally falls off boost though and does the same thing in my mates courier. 

On 29/05/2019 at 8:49 AM, Pappu1 said:

if you are in Auckland, i can help out as done a fair few of these models

the stock controller is good and so is a quality EBC.

boost should not taper off that bad 

what mods have you got on it 

Im not sure if the stock solenoid even works on the car. Mods it has is subtech down pipe k&n hi flow filter Greedy profec b boost controller and c pipes. Im in hamilton though unfortunately