Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

DIY Prevention

• General Member

and it you loose your keys?

you have fob and starter all in one neat lil package - is truly the worst idea, think about it (not aimed at Paul or MAD but idea in general)

I would (if i weren't lazy) keep fob inside car, and you have like 15 seconds to activate it once car is entered or similar setup (currently siren sound on door open - needs delay built in)

just like a house keypad

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and if you loose your keys? same as if you loose your keys as normal, no matter what you do if you loose your keys you run a risk.

just dont loose your keys :P

theres nothing stopping you from installing a working house alarm in your car :) (really theres not, there 12v systems)

-smurff

smurff said:

and if you loose your keys? same as if you loose your keys as normal, no matter what you do if you loose your keys you run a risk.

just dont loose your keys :P

theres nothing stopping you from installing a working house alarm in your car :) (really theres not, there 12v systems)

-smurff

hrm looks beside me at old house alarm.... this could be interesting

oh no. . . ive said way to much now :P

you should be able to put a few imobbiliser contacts on it depending on the alarm. . . most have a 10ADC contact or two there somewere, so you could rig up some other contacts controled by it

-smurff

• General Member

haha - but yea - nothing is perfect, sometimes easier to leave it unlocked and juts wait for the inevitable (pessimistic view)

or move to Dannevirke where you can leave you car out on street with bonnet unlatched and un molested for over w week! (lancer up the road) Optimistic!

Guest Fastfour
 CUDDAS said:

I pretty sure mine's outside with the key's in it. I don't have a problem with loosing them, I do check it's still there when i go to the beer fridge,

Other than that nobody's stolen it in the ten years it's sat with the key in. GOOD luck tho ;D ;D

I've got another (BEER to get)

This has to be the stupidest post ever! Why would you leave your car outside with the key in it? You could kiss goodbye your insurance.

loren']

[quote name='CUDDAS said:

I pretty sure mine's outside with the key's in it. I don't have a problem with loosing them, I do check it's still there when i go to the beer fridge,

Other than that nobody's stolen it in the ten years it's sat with the key in. GOOD luck tho ;D ;D

I've got another (BEER to get)

/quote]

This has to be the stupidest post ever! Why would you leave your car outside with the key in it? You could kiss goodbye your insurance.

maybe he lives in eketahuna.

Or Bluff...

Ahaha if it was an old DX yeah those things are piss easy to start without the key...my mate can use other peoples cars keys to open his and start it...

driftrex']

[quote name='smurff said:

dynabolts?? get some rebarb loops prefabed into the concret when its pored hahaha. . . try lifting the whole concret slap without breaking the car :D

-smurff

/quote]

nothing a dirty big set of bolt cutters wouldnt deal to tho.

best thing you can do is fit a kill switch where only you know where it is.

Case hardened steel, 19mm chain. Bolt cutters? Epic fail.

gas torch then if they want it bad enough nothings going to stop them.

It reminds me of my dads old work they kept getting there letter box smashed in at work and all the mail would get wet of blow away in the wind so they kept on making it stronger to the point it was solid re-enforced steel, welded to a post that was concreted into the ground. A GOOD $3500 WAS SPENT.

i think the people saw this as a challenge now more anything, long story short the intermediate school now has a P.O Box as the letter box was pulled from the ground.

tedebare said:

Ahaha if it was an old DX yeah those things are piss easy to start without the key...my mate can use other peoples cars keys to open his and start it...

Lmao yea when 3 of mates had older toyotas they all use to be able to unlock certain doors in each others cars and drive them lol

QRAF said:

gas torch then if they want it bad enough nothings going to stop them.

It reminds me of my dads old work they kept getting there letter box smashed in at work and all the mail would get wet of blow away in the wind so they kept on making it stronger to the point it was solid re-enforced steel, welded to a post that was concreted into the ground. A GOOD $3500 WAS SPENT.

i think the people saw this as a challenge now more anything, long story short the intermediate school now has a P.O Box as the letter box was pulled from the ground.

I don't disagree with the "where theres a will theres a way" train of thought, but seriously who just happens to show up with a gas axe when stealing a car.

Chain is under the car as is ground anchor, your not even gonna see it until its too late. You have to know its there to see it as a challenge.

Plus there is still the matter of the car alarm (with tilt sensor for when they try to tow it), the garage with alarm, the club lock, and the pit bull.

I'm thinking they are gonna take the Evo three doors down...

you ask whose going to bring a gas torch to steal a car, but then come to think of it he most likely has one on the tow truck he bought with him.

plus the pretty fake id card he made up with his photo in it too(must be legit) plus the fake tow company sigh he just made up (ABC towing sounds good) magnectic sign for the side of his truck.

Just need some paper work now for the neighbors about being behind on fines or something a long those lines.

where there is a will, there is a way.

Just have your car insured for more than its worth and detach the brake lines (make sure you have in car video cameras zoomed in the on the would be thief's face, would make a good youtube video when he realises he has no brakes and he's hurtling towards the brick wall you installed in front of it). Lets face it, everyone would love their cars to be stolen and get more money than what you paid for it in the first place ;D

lol not a bad idea until you forgot or your girlfriend forgot to connect the brake lines... was thinking would be good to have a switch that would turn off the brakes but really it would just be dogdy as fuck...

And if they did have a crash, the insurance company/police mite think you crashed it...

or if the insurance seen it they prolly wouldn't pay out anyway

QRAF said:

you ask whose going to bring a gas torch to steal a car, but then come to think of it he most likely has one on the tow truck he bought with him.

plus the pretty fake id card he made up with his photo in it too(must be legit) plus the fake tow company sigh he just made up (ABC towing sounds good) magnectic sign for the side of his truck.

Just need some paper work now for the neighbors about being behind on fines or something a long those lines.

where there is a will, there is a way.

i don't think you read my post properly...

but while we are speculating remember this, hes also lazy, hence his career choice so i don't need perfect security, i only need more security than you

not all criminals are lazy aye most but not all, this is there full time job don't forget.

there are the career criminals and the opportunistic(not sure if thats a word) criminals

Insurance is key when you have a performance car.