Sign in to follow this  
Shibe

Is this a legitimate STI WRX

As a bit of 'lol' follow up to this post. He went ahead and purchased the car. I picked it up and drove it home for my brother. Got it up the driveway and it was all sound, gave it a bit of a rev and the radiator hose blew it ass off, pissing hot coolant all down the side of the car and through the engine bay. 

Long story short: Car was a bit of lemon, bad rebuild job with the gaskets, got lots of money back from the seller, engine has been rebuilt again with a TD05 installed instead. Will be good to see it on the road once it's complete. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

stink & thanks for the follow up

• Like 1

On 30/01/2020 at 1:48 PM, boon said:

That'll be why both the front and back bumpers are wonky and the window line on the driver's side has a bloody step in it :/ Seriously, the front bumper, grill, and headlights look like someone threw them at the car and went "good enough!"

The steering wheel is flogged out too. And there's some random wiring dangling from by the driver's right knee. 

This is from a 30 second eyeball of a trademe auction.

People seem to want absolute drug money these days for relatively s****y cars. Hang on to your money and wait for the right car to come along, or you'll pay over the odds for a probably lemon.

Dare I say it but "I told you so"? :(

• Sad 1

what! No one listens to you either?!?!? LOL / Not LOL

9_9

• Haha 1

Ah well at the end of the day it ended up being like a $3500 lemon. No need to mention how much money has been spent on it since though lol. 

• Sad 1