Sign in to follow this  
ginganinja

Dash 6 fuel line

Hey there,

Just wanting to confirm, will dash 6 fuel line clamp directly to the stock fuel filter? Or do I need to use an adapter to convert  to 6AN fuel fittings to connect the 6an fuel hose.

Pretty sure stock is just a rubber hose - 1/4 or 3/8 I can't remember but they have a speed nut hose clamp. You'd need to make something up to use AN hose but why would you want to do this? 

14 minutes ago, swamp said:

Pretty sure stock is just a rubber hose - 1/4 or 3/8 I can't remember but they have a speed nut hose clamp. You'd need to make something up to use AN hose but why would you want to do this? 

I am doing a split rail system. Stock I beleive is 5/16 which I think is AN5 size. However i am thinking of going up to AN6 braided or push lock hose to use push lock fittings. Some people say AN6 hose will go onto the stock fuel filter but all my research on hose measurements indicates it's too big but I Just wondered if anyone has any first hand experience to confirm for me.

Can anyone please confirm if -6an fuel line will clamp directly on to the factory fuel filter???? 

A lot of aftermarket kits have -6 line with a hose finisher to clamp to the factory fuel filter but I want to be totally sure as it seems a bit big since the factory fuel lines are -5an.

Just pay the $20 or whatever and get an olive fitting hose end thingymabob so your factory line ends in a -6AN fitting. 

https://speedflow.com.au/an-male-to-tube-adapter-from/ as an expensive example, 5/16 to -6AN (assuming factory is indeed 5/16)

Better than springing a fuel leak somewhere down the road.