Sign in to follow this  
Rickit

2006 subaru legacy gtb engine oil

Hey guys, just brought a 2006 Subaru legacy Gtb, facelift, 2.0, auto, stock standard, just wondering what engine oil to use for a change, previous owner had used 5w30 Castrol edge according to the window sticker, is this the best option or can I use magnetic, which seems to b cheaper to buy, cheers rick

Welcome. I've always used 5w30 Castrol Edge in mine. If you wait for sales you can easily pick up edge for the same price as magnatec. Repco currently has it on sale for $60 for 5L. Magnatec is usually semi synthetic too which isn't advised for these cars.

3 hours ago, Andy_Mac said:

Welcome. I've always used 5w30 Castrol Edge in mine. If you wait for sales you can easily pick up edge for the same price as magnatec. Repco currently has it on sale for $60 for 5L. Magnatec is usually semi synthetic too which isn't advised for these cars.

I always used the Castrol Edge 5W-30 A3/B4. Subaru engines like their fully synthetic oil.

Supercheap occasionally has down to $45 too.

This website is super helpful when you don't know what oil to use.

• Like 1